Analysts in KBCM act as the primary day-to-day leaders for analytical support, including financial statement analysis and model development; valuation analysis; industry research; and the preparation of various presentations and documents including descriptive memoranda, management presentations, new business and other. Analysts interact daily with other bankers and clients, prospective buyers/money sources, attorneys and accountants. Experienced Analysts learn to play more of an Associate role in helping manage transactions and interface directly in presentation, negotiation, capital-raising and closing. They play a central role in coordinating the activities of all team members.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with corporate finance investment bankers and product partners on M&A, strategic corporate finance, and capital raising transactions
- Generate ideas and analytical materials in support of new client meetings
- Perform financial modeling and valuation analyses on public and private companies: comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, leveraged buy-out analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Develop marketing materials for topics such as company positioning, financing alternatives, and M&A/Strategic alternatives
- Develop knowledge of relevant information resources: Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Thomson Financial
- Continually build knowledge and capabilities within the industry segment and stay abreast of competitive trends.
- Assist with attracting a quality workforce, i.e. college recruiting activities.
- Maintain required licensing.
- Demonstrate the Key Values: Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Leadership.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Business Admin, Economics, etc.)
- Series 7 & 63 (within six months of employment)
- Strong quantitative skills, including financial modeling and financial statement analysis
- Quantitatively and financially-oriented, possessing the ability to succinctly express ideas
- Strong team player with a positive can-do attitude and desire to be part of a close-knit group operating in an intensive and challenging work environment
- Excellent organization, communication and research skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
1 - 3 years of experience in investment and/or commercial banking, leading accounting or consulting
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Corporate Bank is a full-service corporate and investment bank serving the needs of mid- to large- sized businesses and focusing principally on middle market clients in six industry sectors: consumer, energy, healthcare, industrial, public sector, and real estate.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled