Our client located in the Metro Detroit area area has a need for a Senior Buyer with metals experience for a new role in a corporate setting.
Senior Buyer / Purchasing Manager
The successful candidate will develop, implement and evaluate the companys seating components and systems procurement strategies and processes. This individual will lead, mentor and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the seating purchasing team. This person will drive efforts to ensure that purchased materials support quality, cost, inventory and service level requirements. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished leader who has expertise in the Purchasing discipline as well as other business functions in a large scale manufacturing environment. This person should possess a minimum of 5 years of purchasing/supply chain experience. This individual must demonstrate well-rounded business acumen, the ability to develop people and not be afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies that utilize negotiation and purchasing techniques ensuring the very best quality, cost, delivery, and service.
- Manage supplier relations and supply agreement compliance while maintaining highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Lead and coordinate activities from material managers from all the plants.
- Oversees cradle-to-grave process from intent to purchase, new supplier on-boarding, performance, and supplier exit. Tracks supplier performance using dashboards for quality, delivery, service and cost.
- Deliver aggressive cost reduction objectives.
- Continuously analyze market and delivery conditions to ensure present and future material availability.
- Work with Manufacturing, Quality, Styling and Engineering to develop product specifications and source new components.
- Support insourcing and outsourcing initiatives to support rapid expansion of all facilities and continued volume growth.
- Understanding of ERP systems
- Bachelors degree in Business
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted purchasing practices, contract negotiation, related laws and regulations.
- Experience with automotive, aerospace, industrial and/or commercial seating components and related manufacturing processes required. Thorough knowledge of seating products preferred.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, analytical, and problem solving skills. Passion for results, strategy, and execution. Creative, calculated risk taker.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.