Responsible for safely delivering grocery and perishable product to company stores as scheduled and for safely transporting backhauls to distribution centers.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Requirements Basic Qualification:
- Safely operate tractor trailer while maintaining the company’s driving performance standards.
- Assist in unloading deliveries at stores.
- Follow proper pre-trip procedures as required by DOT regulation 392.7
- Maintain and follow all proper delivery and pick up paperwork and procedures.
- Maintain all D.O.T. paperwork and qualifications.
- Assuring proper count and condition of load(s) at all backhaul, for hire and relay (compound) locations.
- Verify proper operating condition of equipment used.
- Make recommendations for modifications to procedures or processes impacting their work group or distribution center that will maximize efficiency, productivity, and reduce costs.
- Ensure compliance with Delhaize America standards in the areas of accuracy, safety and productivity.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Must have a minimum of 3 years tractor trailer driving experience. One year of experience can be waived if a graduate of an approved truck driving school and a certificate of completion presented
- Must not have more than one moving violation against your driving record in the last 3 year rolling period
- Knowledge of DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations along with Transportation Logistics
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment.
- Reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 70 lbs.
- Previous tractor trailer driving experience
- Knowledge of all D.O.T. regulations
- Excellent driving skills
- Possess good communication, verbal and written skills
- Ability to pass and meet all requirements for the D.O.T. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook and D.O.T. physical and drug screen
- Knowledge of all DOT regulations
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment
- Must have good written and oral communication and be able to speak English
- Meet all requirements (physical and otherwise) set by the DOT Federal Motor
Carrier Safety Regulations handbook
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 70 lbs. Commercial driver’s license
- Must be 21 years of age. Must have a minimum of 3 years tractor trailer driving
- One year of experience can be waived if a graduate of an approved truck driving
school and a certificate of completion is presented
- Must not have more than one moving violation against your driving record in the
last 3 year rolling period