- Manages the daily operations of the assigned department, unit, or function to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational objectives. May provide direct care to patients.
1. Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
2. Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. May oversee scheduling, recruitment, payroll and student engagements.
3. Ensures regulatory compliance. Assist with the identification, determination and need for systems, equipment and supplies. Monitors usage, and oversees proper working order of equipment and ensures adequate supplies.
4. Assesses the quality of patient care delivered. Evaluates needs of patients and families and provides patient and family centered care. Manages complaints and conflicts through to resolution.
5. Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, documents and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
Complexity of Work:
Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration:
Florida state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. ACLS, PALS.
Required Work Experience:
2 - 3 years ER nursing experience. One year experience as a charge nurse in a fast paced emergency department desired.
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
- Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
- Emergency Department
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Radiology and Imaging Services
- Memorial Ventilator Program
- New Vision Medical Stabilization
- Sleep Disorder and Sleep Study Center
- Urgent Care Center
- Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Canadian Program
The Joint Commission has ranked Memorial Hospital Pembroke as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, and the hospital has received the Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.