This position is primarily responsible for supporting the firm's team of litigation attorneys by performing the following duties. Excellent opportunity to work in a unique law firm environment where dedication is recognized and new ideas are welcomed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities, among others, include the following:
- Assist and provide coverage for the Executive Administrative Assistant
- Prepare and process correspondence, court filings in state, federal, appellate and bankruptcy courts, pleadings, discovery, subpoenas and other miscellaneous legal documents in an accurate and timely manner, conforming to all rules of grammar, punctuation, and style;
- Transcribe and type correspondence and other documents, and proofread materials.
- Reading incoming documents in order to determine how and where they should be classified or filed;
- Adding new documents to file records, and creating new records as necessary;
- Performing periodic inspections of files or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition; and
- Tracking files removed from file room in order to ensure that borrowed files are returned;
- Finding and retrieving files/documents in response to requests from attorneys;
- Photocopying and scanning on copy machine;
- Schedule appointments and maintain personal calendars;
- Coordinate and arrange meetings and travel plans;
- Prepare expense reports; and
- The ability to follow through and follow up is critical.
Education and/or Experience:
- Prior law firm experience preferred;
- Basic computer skills are a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload and projects; and
- The ability to exercise independent judgment, and to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a current resume and a cover letter including salary requirements.
Job Title: Junior Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Director of Litigation Operations
Department: Litigation Operations
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Position Type: Full-time Permanent Position
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
It is Parker Ibrahim & Berg’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time