About Our Job
The Denver County Court is seeking two Judicial Assistant III Rovers to join the combined Traffic and Civil Division.
The City and County of Denver’s third branch of government is comprised of 17 judges, 15 magistrates, and 245 staff members to serve your judicial needs for civil, small claims, traffic and criminal cases occurring within our great City. The Denver County Court proudly serves the community and continually seeks ways to provide greater access to citizens.
The combined Traffic and Civil Division is the highest volume division in Denver County Court- serving more than 100,000 customers a year. Our employees value teamwork, customer service, a positive work environment, collaboration, process improvement, and problem-solving. Unique to the Rover position is the opportunity to work with multiple Judicial Officers in different courtrooms and a variety of projects.
As a Judicial Assistant III, you can expect to:
- Provide customer service to all customers of the Court.
- Manage all courtroom activities and functions within the Traffic and Civil Division and act as liaison between defendants, court personnel and various judges.
- Review court documents to determine compliance with relevant and appropriate statutes, rules, administrative orders and/or other governing policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with your team to ensure proper coverage of all courtrooms within the Traffic and Civil Division.
- Work occasional evening hours, as needed for trials.
- Occasionally adjust work hours as coverage needs dictate.
We are looking for a detail-oriented team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have integrity and a strong commitment to public service. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Customer service experience in a fast-paced environment
- Training experience
- The ability to prioritize competing projects
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Three (3) years of clerical experience, of which two years of experience must have been in a court, law enforcement or legal setting.
- A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
- By position, must be able to pass an initial pre-security clearance screening and maintain CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) certification as a condition of employment.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
About Everything Else
CC2317 Judicial Assistant III
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Pay Range $22.01 - $32.13
Denver County Court
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.