This position achieves the delivery of optimal Technology Solutions to end users by troubleshooting and resolving IT service issues as they arise. This position will also support the technical planning, documentation, delivery and support the IT solutions Department.
- Monitor the help desk support system to ensure that all trouble tickets are assigned and resolved in a timely manner.
- Design and deliver creative technology solutions for internal and external clients.
- Maintain the wired and wireless infrastructure and all operating and supporting systems in good working order.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all IT support issues as assigned from time to time.
- Deliver IT help desk support.
- Document all new IT Support and IT delivery processes and keep all IT procedure assets fully updated.
- Meet with managers to discuss systems requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
- Work with contractors and authorized support entities to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems.
- Test and Evaluate new technology.
- Effectively manage the transition of new technology into the operation with proper notice, end user training and accompanying documentation.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and clients in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update standard operating procedures and other documentation within this role on SharePoint and communicate all changes to all stakeholders.
- When required assist with special projects and assume responsibility for the development, administration, and promotion of assigned projects, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Appropriate IT Certification e.g. MCSE, CCNA, CISCO, etc.
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification (Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
- Good People Skills.
- Must be punctual, ability to work flexible hours, to include weekends and holidays, as dictated by the business.
Preferred Industry Experience:
- Convention Industry Technology.
- Hospitality Technology.
- Technology Sales.
- Technology Support.
- Must have problem solving abilities with experience in providing practical IT help desk support.
- Must have strong operating knowledge of wireless and wired LAN technologies, routing, switching, and VOIP and analogue telephony.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience in a service or IT support delivery and a pro-people attitude is vital.
- Must have the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.99 to $20.00 /hour
- Desktop Support: 1 year (Preferred)
- 1 Appropriate IT Certification e.g. MCSE, CCNA, CISCO, etc. (Preferred)