What You Will Do:
The Informatics Training Manager reports directly to the Director, Informatics Training & Communications. This individual assumes primary responsibility for directly managing training resources as well as clinical informatics support and customer service. The manager will be responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, managing, and evaluating training for Clinical Informatics training staff. This individual functions as both a subject matter expert and a team manager to ensure training quality and consistency.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Develops relationships with clinical and business stakeholders in all areas of UMMS where training and support needs are identified ensuring their engagement in the training process.
- Manages all aspects of UMMS Portfolio training and support but not limited to:
End user training, system support and other informatics projects including revisions as system and workflows change.
Ensuring Credentialed Trainers are prepared and testing in accordance with Epic and UMMS’s standards and ensuring Trainers for non-Epic applications are prepared in accordance with UMMS’s and industry standards.
Diagnoses complex issues and recommends remedial actions to correct problems using comprehensive application knowledge.
Periodically reviews Cherwell support log(s); tracks performance and identifies trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement.
Manages metrics for all support areas.
- Manages a team of training and support resources which can consists of, but may not limited to, Principal Trainers, Credentialed Trainers, or Communication team members.
Coaches training team members and provides constructive feedback, advice, and best practices.
Reviews work of team members for compliance and consistency with established standards.
Completes performance evaluations, makes hiring decisions, and analyzes the effectiveness of team members, techniques, programs, and associated end-user outcomes and provides recommendations for improvement.
Creates, cultivates, and manages a high performing and cohesive team for successful enterprise-wide roll-out of end user training.
Integrates continual performance improvement into the structure and processes of the entire training program.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Effectively and consistently communicates with all members of the interdisciplinary and leadership teams. Routinely provides others with the information they need to do their jobs.
- Respects the individuality of staff and interdisciplinary colleagues in a way that embraces the diverse backgrounds, talents, and contributions that each brings to the organization.
- Ensures that all training activities are aligned with organizational performance improvement goals.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in training & education or related field from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired. Masters preferred.
- Five years of healthcare, training program and project management experience is required.
- Epic training management experience preferred.
- Specialized certification preferred e.g. (Change Management, Process Improvement, and Project Management).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Orchestrates change and provides education leadership to maintain optimal standards to achieve UMMS Integrated IS&T strategy.
- Provides leadership and training expertise across multiple applications and work flows.
- Enables support team to diagnose and resolve customer problems and educate users on problem resolutions in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
- Collaborates with entity-based training leaders to plan, develop, coordinate, and manage end user training.
- Through interdisciplinary team facilitation, vision, and values, ensures that clinical informatics goals for the organization are aligned with organizational mission, goals, and objectives.
- Knowledge and application of adult learning principles, instructional design and development.
- Ability to provide advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve escalated support issues. Additionally, researches, reports and corrects any quality assurance issues.
- Proficiency at incorporating policies, procedures, and specific clinical practice and/or business processing needs into information systems training.
- Knowledge of budgeting principles.
- Knowledge required for specific applications (clinical or business/operations) for which training is required (e.g., for business/operations software applications, required knowledge of healthcare finance, patient accounting principles, etc).
- Strong analytical skills to assemble plans and training materials.
- Ability to present complex information, using language and analogies appropriate to the audience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education.
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities.
- Uses critical thinking skills to support educational implementations and facilitates staff education regarding use of the clinical/business software application(s).
- Detailed understanding of clinical/business operations workflows and system configuration gained by participating in validation sessions with project team and assisting in system design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Project desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in technical instructional design techniques for instructor-led, computer-based, and individual on-the-job learning and related software applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.