The right candidate will have Indirect Purchasing Experience
Under the direction of the Sr. Buyer/Director, provide support to the team in the sourcing, purchasing and distributing of materials for all Sargento manufacturing facilities. The position will provide the opportunity to acquire advanced Procurement skills and experience by supporting the Sr. Buyer/Director through issuing purchase orders, supporting the resolution of operational issues, working cross functionally on teams, supplier management and sourcing.
- Originate purchase orders and/or delivery schedules based on current or forecasted material demand.
- Expedite outstanding purchase orders in accordance with production requirements and communicate with suppliers and/or internal partners.
- Communicate any changes in expected delivery date, quantity, or location to Supply Partners in a timely manner.
- Expedite procurement of samples as communicated through sample request process.
- Obtain supplier documentation and pricing for new raw materials.
- Maintain Test Raw Materials and related documentation in DevEx.
- Assist in the development, on-boarding and maintenance of vendors and materials to maximize the value of the relationship and to effect appropriate vendor involvement, improvement, and control.
- Assist the Procurement Team in evaluating and measuring vendors against defined expectations and provide appropriate feedback to vendors.
- Provide sourcing support and cost optimization opportunities while working with Regulatory/Legal, Food Safety, and Supply Quality to ensure suppliers and materials meet the established quality standards.
- Participate, plan and organize supplier visits and extended trips by coordinating schedules between Sargento employees and suppliers.
- Represent Procurement at a variety of internal meetings. Provide Managers and Buyers with updates and action items. Follow up with team members as needed.
- With the cooperation of Supply Quality and Operations, follow up with suppliers in addressing material quality issues and implementing corrective action through the Quality Management system.
- Provide guidance for disposal of surplus materials and defective materials, along with those managed via the discontinuation process.
- Utilize strong computer skills to assemble, compile, and analyze data. Create spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations as directed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Associates Degree in Supply Chain or related business or technical field required. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred.
Two to three years' experience in Procurement, Logistics, or other related Supply Chain role is required.
Preferable for candidate to have indirect procurement experiences (such as purchasing MRO / facilities, services, corporate services, capital goods) and experience working with cross functional teams.
Strong computer skills are necessary, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must be able to use the Internet effectively. SAP skills are helpful, but not required.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as conversions, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Use independent judgment in completing activities and operates under general supervision. Manage competing priorities and prioritize projects and requests based on timing and importance. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled