Full-Time; On-Call for emergency duty 24 hours a day
HVAC Controls and Maintenance Manager & Facility Manager
This position is responsible for maintaining the entire portfolio of buildings in a safe, attractive and comfortable condition. Assisting all types of maintenance, repairs, administrative work orders and is available for other requests.
The activities listed below are not all inclusive. However, they are indicative of the types of activities normally performed by the Licensed HVAC Technician.
A. Corrective Maintenance:
B. Preventive Maintenance:
- Satisfy service request per work orders, following manufacture specs
- Able to repair or service the following: RTU, VFD, VRF, Heat Pumps, FCU, boilers and chillers
- Must understand heating and cooling principals
- Must be familiar with refrigerant based equipment
- Must be knowledgeable in building automation systems
- Have basic knowledge of electrical components
- Capable of piping projects
- Cleans up thoroughly
- Observes condition of general facility, mechanical room, or other areas and
- Reports any unusual circumstances
C. Emergency Maintenance:
- Change air filters
- Change belts
- Grease bearings
- Grease motors
- Check and adjust pulleys
- Wash condensing coils
- Check actuating valves
- Check electrical components such as fuses, capacitors, relays and control boards
- Adjust air volume dampers
- Check condensate traps and pans
- Clean evaporated coils
- Check thermostats and low voltage wiring
- Clean basket strainers on pumps
- Makes repairs or replacements, as necessary and with approval of the O,R&L Maintenance Manager or Property Manager
- Is on call for emergency duty when assigned
- Is familiar with power, water, gas turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants
- Knows emergency telephone numbers (e.g., police, fire department, O,R&L Property Manager
- Follows all company emergency procedures.
- Maintains relationships with other staff members, as well as clients and vendors
- Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies
- Reports all needed repairs to the Maintenance Manager or O,R&L Property Manager
- Assists with other types of maintenance when necessary
- Attends all instructional classes conducted by management
- High school education or equivalent
- Full-time heating, cooling and mechanical experience
- Possess reliable transportation to travel in the field
- CT HVAC license, S1 preferred
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems and various mechanical systems
- EPA 608 preferred
- OSHA 10 Preferred
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, property owner
- Excellent safety habits
- Familiar working with combustible fuels (gas, Oil)
- Successfully pass a Criminal check and Drug Screen
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; push/pull equipment; use arm, leg and back muscles for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, hazardous materials and waste. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Our employees experience a dynamic and rewarding place to work. We have a reputation for outstanding customer service, professionalism, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations. We consider the employees of Owens Realty Services and Owens Facility Services to be one of our most valuable resources. Our employees treat others in a friendly and courteous manner and have respect for other employees, tenants, visitors and our clients’ property.
Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
Established in 1990, Owens Realty Services is a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company. Our comprehensive roster of services efficiently and economically manages the operation of sophisticated real estate investment portfolios, residential apartment and condominium complexes, government buildings, educational facilities, corporate campuses, high-profile venues and family entertainment parks in both the public and private sector. Owens Realty Services affiliates with significant industry associations to stay on the forefront of the development of new management models, marketing strategies, maintenance techniques and industry product lines. We integrate industry best practices to achieve the highest quality of service delivery for our clients.
With an emphasis on customized management plans, our services result in maintaining the maximum life cycles for critical capital investments, a healthy and clean environment for all building tenants and visitors, as well as substantial cost savings. Owens Realty Services saves our clients, on average, approximately $1.00 per square foot in operational cost savings.
Owens Realty Services portfolio includes over 25 million square feet of first class, high profile facilities in Connecticut, Florida, North Carolina and New York with a value of more than $8 billion in real estate net worth and $30 million in gross annual revenue. With over 1,000 industry professionals company-wide, our organization continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry.
Owens Realty Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, or national origin.