As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Over 200M job seekers across the world rely on Indeed to find their dream job. Everyone has different needs and priorities when it comes to finding fulfilling work—income, benefits, commute time, work life balance, culture, values, hours, and company size are just a few factors that people consider.
We’re looking for someone to become a core member of a team that creates a knowledge graph connecting individual job seeker needs with their perfect job.
What You’ll Do
About you:We're looking for someone who:
- Use your expertise in machine learning and NLP techniques such as classification, regression, and clustering to solve problems like job and industry taxonomy, extracting useful entities from jobs, job articles, and job seekers, and creating match-making models based on your work.
- Experiment and build various model based recommendation engines to recommend the perfect jobs and job-related content for every person and their unique needs.
- Build models to extract deep signals from jobs and profiles that can be used as features such as seniority, location, skills etc.
- Build models for entity resolution and record linkage.
- Help scale a data pipeline for our massive sets of data to enable millions of database lookups.
- Have ownership over the things you build, help shape the product and technical vision, direction, and how we iterate.
- Work closely with your product and design teammates to improve some of the highest trafficked parts of Indeed including the homepage and job search.
- Work closely with the product managers and stakeholders so that they can leverage your components.
- Run numerous experiments in a fast-paced, analytical culture so you can quickly learn and adapt your work.
- Get the satisfaction of knowing that you helped connect people to that perfect job that’s just right for them.
Has deep experience in applied machine learning (scikit-learn, Vowpal Wabbit, XGBoost, etc.) and distributed computing (Hadoop, Spark, Nosql and Kafka).
Is passionate in feature engineering and deeper understanding of data.
Is experience with both supervised and unsupervised learning on Internet problems.
Is passionate about your work and problems you solve.
Has a passion for collaboration and making others around you successful.
Has a strong sense of ownership in everything you build.
BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
5+ years experience in software development
Experience with knowledge graphs and entity extraction.
Experience with recommendation engines.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.View our bounty of perks:  http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits