This is a consortium program involving Mountain Empire Community College, Southwest Virginia Community College and Virginia Highlands Community College
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Grant writing and administration experience
- Current license or a multistate licensure privilege to practice in Virginia as a registered nurse without any disciplinary action that currently restricts practice
- A minimum of two years direct client care experience as a registered nurse
- Evidence of quality teaching in higher education required
- Proficient in oral and written communication in the English language
- Capacity to provide strong leadership and management
- Demonstrated knowledge of community college curricula, evidence-based instructional practices, and program evaluation
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize administrative and instructional applications of information technology
- Demonstrated skill in managing budget, equipment, and other institutional resources
- Demonstrated understanding of and belief in the comprehensive mission of community colleges
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience work with the Virginia Board of Nursing and their requirements and regulations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college
- Full-time teaching in a community college setting
- Provide professional leadership and supervision to faculty and other personnel within the VATNP program
- Manage and promote all functions leading to the planning, promotion, development, implementation, assessment and ongoing delivery of the Nursing program working collaboratively with the Coordinating Council
- Coordinate with student services at each college to ensure implementation of the VATNP application process
- Manage nursing student problems, complaints and dismissals on all three campuses
- Recruit, select, evaluate and supervise personnel
- Prepare semester and annual workload reports to ensure faculty compensation is appropriate for work
- Develop and maintain cooperative agreements and partnerships with health care agencies and the VATNP program
- Maintain current and pursue new clinical affiliation agreements
- Represent the Colleges and VATNP at state and national meetings including Virginia Community College System (VCCS) nursing leadership activities
- Direct the preparation of reports for the Virginia Board of Nursing, specialized accreditation agencies, and the VATNP Coordinating Council as appropriate, including collection and evaluation of data for program evaluation and improvement.
- Prepare budget estimates for personnel, supplies, and equipment for the VATNP program, in accordance with the standardized budget preparation procedures.
- Fulfill other functions as designated by the VHCC Vice President of Instruction and Student Services or the VATNP Coordinating Council.
- Maintain program accreditation and approvals
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, and staff and other stakeholders important to the college.
A 12-month position. Available October 1, 2018. Rank and salary dependent on academic preparation, qualifications and experience. Reappointment based on performance evaluations and institutional needs. Selected applicant will be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest.
- A letter of interest addressing qualifications for position, view of the community college administrator role and professional aspirations
- A FULLY completed Commonwealth of Virginia employment application online through the Recruitment Management System at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/123999
- Names of three professional references with current addresses and telephone numbers
- Complete and legible set of unofficial transcripts
To be considered in the initial screening, completed applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm EDT October 7, 2018.
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will ONLY be accepted online through the Recruitment Management System
. Resume, letter of interest, references and copies of ALL college transcripts must be attached to the online application. Resumes will not substitute for a completed state application. Information on the application is the primary source used for screening the position. Failure to complete any section of the application may disqualify the application for further consideration. Applications should include complete work history, including periods of unemployment if applicable. Transcripts should be combined into one document and uploaded as one file. If you are having difficulty attaching documents, please call Human Resources at 276-739-2425. If the file size of the attached documents is too large, the system will not allow you to upload the documents. You will need to reduce the file size or reduce the resolution. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to ensure that all required documentation is received. Incomplete on-line applications or other materials submitted via e-mail, postal mail, fax or in-person will not be considered.
If your transcripts are on file at VHCC or if you need assistance, it is the applicant’s sole responsibility to contact the Human Resources Department by calling 276-739-2425 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request your transcripts be added to your application packet.
Official transcripts are required before a contract will be issued. Selected applicant will be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest. The
job announcement may be accessed at www.vhcc.edu (click on About The College and Employment Opportunities). For questions about the on-line application process please call (276) 739-2425.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position,
however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Documents verifying identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be presented upon hire.
VHCC participates in E-Verify.
Selected applicant will be subject to a background check.
Selected applicant will be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer