Practice Oncology Laboratory Technologist (Medical Technologist)
Oncology experience required
Helping patients survive…and survivors thrive. Are you Made for Oncology Care?
Interested candidates, click “Apply” to submit your resume
Northwell Health is home to a team of clinicians who are the most experienced cancer fighters in the state, diagnosing and treating more New Yorkers than anyone else. We are New York State’s largest private employer and health care provider with 23 hospitals, nearly 750 outpatient facilities, laboratories, world-class research facilities and more. Our locations span across Long Island, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester and beyond.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Basic Science or related field preferred.
· Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist (or as appropriate to area of assignment) required.
· Minimum of one (1) year work related experience and/or training required.
In this role, you'll build on your knowledge of biology, microbiology and chemistry to perform clinical laboratory procedures, examinations and other tests pursuant to established protocols. This will include maintaining equipment and records, and performing quality assurance activities related to examination performance requiring the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility. It is important that you demonstrate as well as encourage positive and efficient communication in order to create a more pleasant and safe environment.
· Set-up and perform a variety of routine and/or complex laboratory tests and procedures relevant to the particular lab area and personal qualifications.
· Prepare and test specimens for examination and reports results.
· Follow established in-process quality control procedures including recording data.
· Perform routine and/or preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment.
· Troubleshoot basic instrumentation, culture media, chemicals, reagents, stains, solutions, technical problems and methodologies.
· Use Infection Control practices and procedures.
Interested candidates, click “Apply” to submit your resume or visit https://bit.ly/2ofpn7f
We are an equal opportunity/AA employer: F/M/Disability/Vet
Laboratory, Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Technologist, Medical Laboratory Technologist, Technologist
Job Type: Full-time