The primary duty of the Maintenance Worker is to ensure the Agency and/or facility property is appropriately maintained by performing general maintenance and repair of the building, grounds, and equipment. The Maintenance Worker will also perform janitorial duties when necessary.
- Perform routine building maintenance duties, such as painting, minor carpentry, plumbing, minor electrical, HVAC drain pumps, and changing and repairing ballasts and bulbs
- Work under the direction of the Director of Facilities to develop and maintain a regular and seasonal schedule for upkeep of the building or facility, which includes, but not limited to mowing and watering lawns, trimming plants and shrubbery and appropriate disposal, emptying trash, re-lamping lights, vacuuming, and cleaning of lobby, common area(s), windows, bathrooms, and break room(s)
- Work closely with selected or contracted vendor(s), contractor(s), and sub-trade contractor(s) to ensure daily work tasks and scope of work for project-based solutions, emergencies, and preventative maintenance are being achieved
- Clean and maintain the interior and exterior of building or facility using the appropriate chemicals, while adhering to proper usage guidelines
- Create, prioritize, manage, and complete work order requests
- Unpack and/or assemble merchandise upon delivery
- Move and assemble office furniture, pictures, blinds, wallboards; handle staff moves from within or outside of agency or facility
- Maintain and perform schedules of routine and preventive maintenance, such as testing and inspecting the operation of equipment and Agency owned vehicles
- Ensure the interior and exterior of the building and property is free of hazards
- Maintain the safety and operation of equipment, such as fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, fire alarms, and emergency generators
- Assist with emergency evacuations, such as fire or natural disaster
- Clean and maintain building using the appropriate chemicals, while adhering to the proper usage guidelines
- Stock and restock supplies, inventory, and equipment
- Perform partial maintenance after hours to prevent disruption of business activities or operation; respond to emergency calls after scheduled work hours when needed
- Coordinate and assist with janitorial duties
- Work closely with the Director of Facilities to purchase supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete general maintenance duties and tasks, repairs, and projects
- Other duties and special projects as assigned; serve as on-call when needed
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with management, the Facilities team, facility staff, vendors, contractors, sub-trade contractors, and volunteers to ensure maintenance services and projects are being executed to meet expectations and completed on time.
- Work closely with the Director of Facilities and the Facilities team to ensure department operations were working effectively and efficiently and department goals and objectives are being met.
- Work as a team player and exhibit professional behavior and a positive attitude with both internal and external clients that reflect positively on the Agency and is consistent with Agency policies and practices.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years’ demonstrated maintenance and repair experience
- Ability to prioritize and complete assigned tasks and unplanned requests during shift
- Ability to handle emergencies with or without limited supervision
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions; ability to assemble using written instructions
- Ability to see the differences in colors, shades, and brightness; ability to see objects in very bright or dim light
- Working knowledge of building maintenance procedures and techniques
- Ability to operate and handle machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for maintenance and repair
- Working knowledge of reading blueprints
- HVAC Certification
- General contractor experience
The physical requirements for this position with or without reasonable accommodation are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing this position the employee with or without reasonable accommodation should have the ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, speak, and hear with aid, see, read, reach with arms and hands, and use equipment that is essential to performing the job, such as a computer, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile, if applicable. This position will require constant bending, kneeling, twisting, stretching, and reaching, climbing up and down ladders, frequent walking, occasional sitting, and standing for long periods of time. This position will require the moving, carrying, lifting, pushing, and pulling of heavy objects up to 100lbs.
The statements herein indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of the job and may request the employee to perform other duties and responsibilities not listed at his/her discretion. This job description is not a contract between the employee occupying the position and the employer. Upbring is an at-will employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- demonstrated maintenance and repair: 2 years (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)