Salus Hospice - Chaplain/Bereavement Coordinator
Salus Hospice has an immediate opening and is presently seeking a Chaplain/Bereavement Coordinator to join our growing program! Come and join an amazing team at Salus Hospice!
Salus is a leading healthcare organization that provides Home Health, Hospice, and Private Duty Care. Our patients come first and our employees are our most important asset! If you are an expert in hospice chaplaincy, resourceful, kind, caring, compassionate and love providing the best care to patients and families – we want you to apply!
Chaplain/Bereavement Coordinator Responsibilities Include:
- Perform spiritual assessment within specific time frame, including the assessment of spiritual and emotional factors related to the patient’s condition.
- Provide individual and family support through spiritual needs assessment
- Attends IDT meetings regularly
- Provide care planning and evaluation/revision as appropriate to changing patient/family needs
- Provide resources for spiritual care, including referral to clergy of multiple religions / faiths
- Professional experience working in geriatrics, hospice, or end of life care. Experience in chaplaincy and end of life care
- Reliable transportation, license, insurance and willingness to travel regularly to patient locations
1. Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology, or appropriate certification in hospital or pastoral ministry, or two years hospice experience
2. Ability to be open, flexible, and perform ecumenical roles
3. Experience working with patients and families dealing with life threatening illnesses and death
1. Reliable transportation
2. Valid driver’s license with maintenance of good driving record and reliable transportation; insurance to be provided by employee.
We offer a wonderful working environment and competitive salary. You will love where you work!
This is a per diem position, though may grow into full time as we grow.
You can check out Salus on our website at www.salushomecare.com.