Are you looking to join one of the fastest growing software companies in the Bay Area? ThoughtSpot's Search & AI-Driven analytics platform is disrupting the BI industry by making analytics 1000x faster and easier for non-technical business people.
ThoughtSpot is looking for a commercial attorney with 5 years' relevant experience to join as a key member of our growing legal team. Reporting to our head of commercial legal matters, you will be responsible for driving new business and assisting the sales team with resolution of complex commercial issues.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating a broad range of enterprise sales, partner and vendor contracts, with particular focus on software licensing. You must possess excellent judgment, superior written and verbal communication skills, and be able to partner both with internal business functions and external business clients to resolve complex issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review and negotiate complex enterprise sales, partnership, and procurement contracts that meet the company's requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance.
- Support our sales and partner teams on deal structure and contract negotiations.
- Collaborate with business units at all levels throughout the organization to ensure that agreements adequately protect the company's interests.
- Support the continuous improvement of templates and legal processes.
- Counsel internal clients regarding company policies, legal issues, and risk tolerance.
- Assist with online portals, website terms, and marketing efforts as needed.
- Active membership in at least one state bar (preferably CA).
- At least 5 years' relevant experience negotiating commercial contracts; some prior in-house experience with a technology company required.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations.
- Knowledgeable about open source licensing.
- Substantive experience in data privacy.
- Passionate about closing deals.
- Some technical proficiency, such as familiarity with software development and distribution.
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Smart, flexible and creative thinker who finds solutions to problems within the letter of company policies, risk exposure and the law.
At ThoughtSpot, we solve some of the hardest, most challenging problems in technology. The kind of problems we solve require diverse perspectives and the team-spirit to see those differences as opportunities rather than roadblocks. It's why diversity isn't a box to check; it's the heart of "Selfless Excellence," our core value we live every day. To make our dent in the universe, we seek employees with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives that want to build an inclusive, respectful company culture and truly challenge the status quo.
We support our employees with great benefits like 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and dependents, equity in a late stage startup backed by top-tier VCs, conveniently located Palo Alto office with onsite gym, company-provided catered lunch and dinner, and paid holidays and flexible paid time off.
ThoughtSpot's Search & AI-Driven analytics platform puts the power of a thousand analysts in every business person's hands. With ThoughtSpot's next-generation analytics platform, business people can use Google-like search to easily analyze complex, large-scale enterprise data and get trusted insights to questions they didn't know to ask, automatically - all with a single click. ThoughtSpot's customers include the world's largest companies, such as Amway, BT, Bed Bath and Beyond, Chevron Federal Credit Union, De Beers, JD Sports, PetCo, ServiceNow, and Scotiabank.
ThoughtSpot is helmed by CEO Sudheesh Nair after being co-founded in 2012 by Ajeet Singh and technical co-founders from Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Oracle. Backed by investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Geodesic Capital and Capital One Growth Ventures, ThoughtSpot has raised over $305 million to date at a unicorn valuation. Join us in our mission of enabling analytics "human scale" by putting search and AI-driven analytics in the hands of 20 million users by 2020.
For more information please visit thoughtspot.com.