Requisition id: 25619
Sealed Air Corporation is a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions and Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning, enable a safer and less wasteful food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.5 billion in sales in 2017 and has approximately 15,000 employees who serve customers in 122 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
Job Description Cont.
We are excited to offer several 2019 summer internships to highly motivated students currently pursuing a degree in areas of engineering including:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Firmware/Software Engineering
These roles will be located on the campus of our new Global Headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina within our Innovation & Development (I&D) group. The Sealed Air Internship program offers applied experience that has a true impact on the business. The program includes opportunity to present to senior leadership teams, participate in formal training, interact with members of other departments, and lead campus-wide community service events.
This is a unique opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of processes in the packaging and food care industries. You’ll work in a highly collaborative team environment and will have the ability to have direct influence on Sealed Air’s success. At the conclusion of the internship there is potential to be hired on as a full time employee within Sealed Air’s I&D Division.
- Apply your area of study to the development of new products and processes at Sealed Air. Products may include complex polymer films, foams, or packaging equipment and automation.
- Plan and conduct experiments under the direction of an experienced engineer
- Analyze results and assist with decision-making for next steps
- Prepare reports and present results at technical meetings
- Some limited travel may be involved to manufacturing plants or customers
- Completed at least 2 years towards a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (3 years preferred)
- Strong academic record with 3.0 or higher GPA
- Authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship
- Creative and a strong problem solver
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. Sealed Air participates in the E-Verify Program (US sites only).
Nearest Major Market:
Intern, Part Time, Seasonal, Engineer, Materials Science, Entry Level, Retail, Engineering, Science