Landed designs, builds, and maintains luxury landscapes in Northern Virginia.
Position Title: Landscape Design Assistant
Our Landscape Design Build Professionals are technically sophisticated team members who communicate effectively with colleagues to foster a successful working environment. We are seeking an individual who is highly organized.
As a Design Assistant, you will assist our Design/Build team in all capacities, focusing principally estimating; preparing outdoor construction documents, drawings, plans; and drafting landscape designs and sales presentations, including the creation of perspectives and 3D renderings, as needed.
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of CAD-based drafting and other graphical skills, including but not limited to Autodesk AutoCad, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Excellent 3D modeling/rendering, design, graphic, writing, computer, and technical skills along with a passion for design.
- Exceptional math skills and strong command of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LMN software is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including customer service skills and proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to work effectively and productively both with others in a team environment and independently.
- Willing to get your hands dirty.
- Study of Landscape Architecture, Landscape Design, Hardscape Design, Construction or related field is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Completing take offs and site measurements independently.
- Responsible for all design department Autocad drafting, including the preparation of base maps, landscape and hardscape designs, master plans, and perspectives.
- Estimating landscape and hardscape construction jobs in Excel and LMN software.
- Preparation of design proposals, estimates, contracts, and client correspondence.
- Complete landscape and hardscape construction drawings that communicate the intended design to crew members for construction.
- Organization and preparation of all construction job paperwork, including shopping and procurement lists and crew work orders.
- Prepare general drawings and specification documents, as requested.
- Excellent salary
- Health Insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
Please send resume, cover letter, and example of design work to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
There are fewer than 10 individuals in the office at all time. Separate workspace complete with hand sanitizers and wipe downs are provided.
- Design (autocad): 1 year (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative