We are interested in YOU!
Excellent Benefits, Competitive Pay, Wellness Cash Incentives, and overtime - Opportunity to GROW with a global oil & gas services company!!
TEXT 281-701-1982 for immediate consideration!
SHAWCOR is the world’s largest applicator of pipeline coatings for the oil and gas industry for both onshore and offshore pipelines.
As an active self-starting member of the Pipeline Performance Global Operations Team, the Process Improvement Engineer will drive the standardization of instrumentation, data acquisition, and process control methods for common product lines. This role serves as a major strategic initiative to standardize manufacturing processes for common product lines by using the same operating parameters and envelopes across sites, globally. The focus will be on transformational change of our culture, leadership and operating model to enable us to execute reliably. It will also include:
- Self-development / research in 6-Sigma, Lean and Pipe Coating theory, and utilization of tools (e.g. MSA, SPC, Visual Management, PFMEA, Control Plans).
- Working with the Process Engineering value stream to identify, test, commission and run capable process instrumentation.
- Working with Process Engineering and Operations to identify key process input/output parameters to be measured and validating the correct process constant values and process variable operating envelopes to run in order to produce reliably.
- Co-developing the Global Product Specifications to include all key process input/output characteristics.
- Identification of higher risk locations to prioritize implementation.
- Training, educating, mentoring and facilitation on implementing the updated Global Product Specifications at the higher risk locations.
- Track and document progress vs. plan and document realized benefits. Share lessons learned with all key stakeholders on global forums.
- Company-provided development and mentoring for a future leadership role within the organization.
- Support Process Engineering and Operations in the identification of key process input/output parameters for all common product lines.
- Research and identification of new technology (i.e. instrumentation, visual control methods such as feedback screens) in order to acquire and present accurate process data in a standardized way.
- Working at site, drive the implementation of standardized process conditions at key, strategic locations (prioritized by business risk)
- Training and personal development
- Other duties as directed.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- A high level of technical acumen and the ability to understand complex engineering/scientific relationships.
- Technological aptitude to understand instrumentation and data acquisition.
- Highly analytical and capable of analyzing complex datasets
- Basic project management skills (how to manage time, prioritize and organize travel and objectives etc)
- Ability to lead / influence others without direct reporting responsibility (change management and strong interpersonal skills)
- Ability to communicate with a global network (organizational and cultural sensitivity)
- Presentation and reporting skills
EDUCATION & MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Practical knowledge and application of manufacturing systems and process improvement techniques.
- Specific experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Project coordination/management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Process Improvement: 2 years (Required)
- complex engineering/scientific relationships: 2 years (Required)
- developing SOP's: 2 years (Required)
- technical writing: 2 years (Required)