The Director of Health Services Strategy is a critical contributor to the cross-functional team that is developing exciting new health services offerings to complement our existing health services (including MinuteClinic, Optical, and Audiology). This fast-paced team will work together very closely to address all aspects of strategy, operations and execution to launch successful health services pilots in Q4 of 2018 and throughout 2019. This is a high priority initiative for CVS and the business planning, pilot, and results will be overseen by the most senior leaders in our Enterprise. This role will have end-to-end involvement in launching highly visible new health services. The position will report to the Senior Director who serves as overall Program Leader, and is expected to provide excellent exposure to management across CVS’s businesses as well as ongoing professional development opportunities.
The Director of Health Services Strategy will have ownership over one or more broad work streams as part of the effort to design and launch new health services. This role would suit someone with a strong background in developing strategy for new business initiatives and a desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment with the backing of a Fortune 7 company to accelerate growth.
- Collaborate with project team and multiple internal supporting teams (e.g., Clinical Operations, Marketing, Merchandising, Digital, IT, Legal, etc.) to develop finalized offering(s), operating models, and overall program strategy for pilot and scale roll-out
- Own and drive individual project work streams (e.g., marketing, digital development, etc.) to ensure success of individual work streams and cohesive development of overall health service
- Form strong working relations with and coordinate with extended program planning team (e.g., HR, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure effective program execution; coordinate with any external resources as required
- Manage program budget and financial impact for both pilot and longer-term rollout
- Support development of leadership progress updates; help ensure that all resources required to support effective program launch and execution are available
- Develop pilot learning agenda for program and establish appropriate success criteria and performance measurement strategy
- Use post-pilot-launch consumer research to understand customer experience and identify gaps in current offering to address before further rollout; proactively identify areas for strategic and operational improvements during and after pilot
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of strategy development experience in relevant sector (including retail, healthcare, and/or digital consumer products and services), including at least 3+ years of experience doing each of the following:
o Managing complex projects – demonstrating organized, detail-oriented, and structured thinking and execution, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust priorities as needed in order to meet deadlines, demonstrating a high level of independent judgment and proactivity
o Collaborating with diverse and complex stakeholders, including interacting, gaining credibility, building relationships with, and influencing others at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership
o Demonstrating self-motivation, entrepreneurialism, and high-energy and successfully functioning in a high-demand, performance-driven environment with significant exposure to senior leadership;
o Developing new products and/or services with demonstrated results
o Communicating effectively to all audiences in a manner that is clear, logical, and consistent, both verbally and on paper
- Applicant should expect up to ~30% travel, which will vary by project phase, so ability and flexibility for domestic travel is also required
- MBA or Advanced Degree
- Management consulting experience and/or Healthcare industry experience at a payor or another player in the payor value chain
Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.