Swell Management Company, a medical cannabis company, is seeking an experienced Compliance Manager based in Phoenix, AZ to manage compliance for our sites in Arizona and Nevada. Reporting to the President of Swell, the Compliance Manager will ensure compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures; create process maps and supporting standard operating procedures (S.O.P.s); lead health and safety compliance; and lead employee training at our cultivation site and dispensaries. Since this is a regional position some travel will be required in Arizona and Nevada.
- Gain thorough understanding of the State of Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Regulations.
- Maintain all applicable licenses required by law for Swell.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all regulatory and compliance agencies.
- Monitor and maintain compliance in all cultivation and dispensary operations.
- Create process maps and standard operating procedures for all critical processes.
- Create distribution manifests and maintain accurate inventory control records.
- Verify and submit daily, weekly and monthly production and distribution records
- Ensure workplace health and safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Modify cultivation processes and practices to ensure compliance in accordance with state law.
- Conduct investigations when appropriate
- Liaise with central compliance office to report any legal concerns, stay abreast of compliance updates, and best practices
- Conduct environmental assessments of dispensary and cultivation operations, to mitigate any risks that could lead to violations, fines and loss of license.
- Develop Quality Assurance standards for critical processes, assist department managers to ensure quality objectives are achieved.
- Perform regular audits of Quality Assurance processes, make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist state and local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory, sales and compliance audits.
- Draft and implement corrective action measures in relation to compliance and QA/QC findings
- Monitor security cameras and footage if necessary.
- Develop and implement an annual employee training program for new and current employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any business-related capacity or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of progressive responsibility in a compliance role or regulatory field.
- Experience in federal or state controlled substance regulatory compliance management.
- Experience in writing and training team members on implementation of S.O.P’s
- General knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements.
- Meticulous attention to detail is required.
- Proficient in spreadsheet and data management software, strong Excel skills
- Experience in staff training and development desired.
- A reliable car is required for travel to difference sites within the states.
Job Type: Full-time
- controlled substance regulatory compliance management: 1 year
- compliance or regulatory: 5 years