- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Time Management
- Public Speaking
- Microsoft Office
ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA is seeking a Senior Vice President Marine Engineering to join the team in Newport News, VA.
The SVP, Marine Engineering will oversee and provide leadership on contract-driven operations related to maritime engineering and technical services with the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security, specifically the US Navy and the US Coast Guard. The SVP will ensure that all Programs/Projects within the Marine EngineeringGroup operate within the policies and procedures of the contract and ITA International, LLC. Specific responsibilities include:
1. Coordinating with clients and senior management to achieve specified goals and overseeing the development, approval, implementation, and compliance of on-going external client facing programs to include costs, schedules, and quality of performance.
2. Maintaining and expanding growth within the existing contract base. Developing and capturing new business for the Maritime Services Group, working with the Customer Solutions team in creating new business, and assisting in preparing proposal technical writing, as well as proposal reviews.
3. Planing the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
4. Developing new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
5. Determining and implementing long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the programs/projects, while also assessing the strengths of the program to identify areas for improvement.
6. Ensuring the continuous delivery of technical and engineering services for each customer.
7. Analyzing and assessing program/project fiscal performance against the budget and operating plan, reporting regularly on performance, and providing recommendations and solutions to improve performance. This includes coordinating and monitoring the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of company programs/projects in conjunction with the greater ITA portfolio.
8. Supporting and contributing to enhancements to ITA's ISO certified quality, safety, and environmental programs.
9. As required, contributing to the negotiation of workshare and task assignments with regard to contracts and contractual changes.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or comparable technical degree and 10-15 years of combined experience in program/project management and capturing new business and business development in a structured manner; ideally using the Shipley process; OR 5-10 years in program/project management and business development with combined 10+ years experience in marine engineering systems, to include surface ship, cutter, or carrier maintenance processes. Military experience is preferred, but not required.
Experience with ship maintenance and overhaul processes and programs, ideally with Navy and Coast Guard.
Active Top Secret security clearance.
Experience with public speaking, research, writing, and Microsoft office.
PMP Certification highly desired.
Strong leadership and communication skills. Capable of guiding and inspiring your teams and your colleagues to drive the best possible practices. Requires outstanding interpersonal, coaching, and listening skills with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization.
Proven ability to remain objective, discrete, and exercise common sense at all times. Able to develop strong, trusting relationships within the group and organization.
Thrives in a dynamic environment and is able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills