Job Summary/Basic Function:
Under the direction of the President, provide vision, leadership, planning, development, assessment, and administration for a comprehensive array of support services designed to enhance student success and ensure the quality of the educational experience.
Provide vision, leadership, direction, advocacy, and administrative oversight for all members of the Student Services staff while promoting excellence and integrity.
Lead innovation in services responsive to a rapidly changing educational marketplace.
Assist the President in administering the College's Strategic Plan and institutional strategic priorities.
Empower staff to reach personal and professional goals through a supportive work environment and positive staff development.
Collaborate with executive leadership to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion across the institution in pursuit of equitable outcomes for students and staff.
Serve as a member of the President's Leadership Team.
Maintain highly effective communication and working relationships with Executive Leadership Team members and employees of the college, keeping them informed of current activities and working collaboratively.
Facilitate clear, cohesive, and effective working relationships between and among all Instructional and Student Services departments and employees.
Effectively and accurately communicate interests and needs for student support services.
Create positive student relations by maintaining effective lines of communication with student leaders and serving as a strong advocate for co-curricular and extracurricular needs of students.
Strategic Planning, Compliance, and Assessment
Oversee the creation and implementation of annual operational plans for each area of supervision.
Assume a key role in strategic planning and outcomes assessment; program review, program development, and resource allocation.
Oversee the systematic and ongoing evaluation of divisional and relevant institutional policies.
Oversee the development and maintenance of a structured process for student crisis response and management, to include a communication plan for all constituencies.
Remain current on issues of student development, evolving trends impacting students, legal issues and the regulatory environment, including but not limited to student rights and responsibilities, student conduct, residence life, and financial aid.
Maintain compliance with employee bargaining unit contracts; participate in the negotiating process as needed.
Serve as or appoint a designee to hear grievances.
Effectively manage the division budget, including developing budget proposals and monitoring accounts; maintain fiscal and program accountability.
In partnership with the Institutional Research and Grants Office, develop metrics to ensure accountability, tracking, and monitoring of inequities in services and student success.
In partnership with the Vice President of Instruction, expand, develop, and coordinate outreach programs with community organizations designed to increase enrollment and success of all students, including historically underrepresented student populations.
- Expand, develop, and coordinate outreach programs with community organizations designed to increase enrollment and success of all students, including historically underrepresented student populations.
- Implement Strategic Enrollment Management Plan and Guided Pathways
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in education, leadership, counseling, student development or related fields of study
- Five years progressively responsible administrative or executive experience in higher education
- Five years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated value for and commitment to:
- the community college mission, vision, and purpose; teaching and learning; high academic standards; and student success
- meeting student needs
- shared/participatory governance and a collegial environment
- hiring and retaining a diverse workforce
- thinking ‘outside of the box’ and leading and managing change with ethics and integrity
- a leadership style that emphasizes collaboration, team building, trust, accessibility, visibility and open communication
- Experience with:
- strategic planning and implementation, fiscal management, resource development and allocation, and supervision and development of personnel
- assessment of support programs
- building relationships, networking, and working effectively with culturally and socioeconomically diverse populations, community organizations, and campus community
- building consensus and coalitions among diverse stakeholders to achieve institutional goals
- conflict resolution, advising and coaching of supervisors and employees on employee relations issues
- collective bargaining process development and negotiations
- effective financial management and ethical use of institutional resources
- Demonstrated project management and time-management skills including dealing with multiple and competing deadlines, ability to prioritize, work under pressure, complete tasks on time and be responsive to requests
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and in a team environment
- Proven record of timely follow through on deadlines and deliverables; detail-oriented; highly organized; commitment to achievement of agreed-upon targets
- Demonstrated ability to create clear, precise and effective verbal and written communication for multiple audiences in individual, small group, and large group settings
- Doctoral or terminal degree from an accredited institution in education, leadership, counseling, student development or related fields of study
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
- Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
- Ability and willingness to travel and work alternative schedules as needed including evening and weekends
Regular business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Summer schedule may vary. This position will require flexibility in scheduling to attend events and meetings outside of regular business hours.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a confidential search process. To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received by December 30, 2019. The position will remain open until filled.
More information, including the anticipated timeline and links to the position profile and the 5 Dimensions of Equity, is available on our search page: www.everettcc.edu/vpsearch
Your application should include
1. A letter of introduction (not to exceed 5 pages) that addresses the opportunities, challenges, and responsibilities identified in the Profile and Job Posting. The letter should specifically address the leadership attributes and professional competencies for this position. (attach as “Cover Letter”)
2. Curriculum vitae/resume (attach as “Resume”)
3. A list of five professional references that includes the following:
- At least one person who currently reports or has reported directly to the applicant
- At least one person who is or has been a colleague
- At least one person to whom the applicant has directly reported
(attach this list as “Other Document”)
No references will be contacted until further in the search process with prior approval of the candidate.
Everett Community College’s mission is to educate, equip, and inspire each student to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities and thrive in a global society. Furthermore, the College’s vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold equity, cultural competence and inclusion. We are committed to hiring a Vice President of Student Services that exemplifies the vision, mission and core values of our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
Notice to Applicants
Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCC’s policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
$137,000 to $147,000
To apply, visit https://employment.everettcc.edu/postings/4806
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency