The Office Assistant / Agent Support Services Associate is responsible for facilitating innovative, timely and effective Marketing, Advertising, Listings and Client Service support for Coldwell Banker Bain Agents in order to provide full service customer support excellence to meet the needs of our clients. This role is the point person for all listing related activities, including pre-listing marketing and media efforts, and post listing communications, file organization and tracking.
At 30 hours a week, this is a full time Benefitted position.
This position has responsibilities encompassing up-to-date Marketing, Advertising, Social Media, Training, Listings Coordination and Correspondence. These responsibilities and duties may be updated or changed at any time to better support the needs of the branch and agents. Service in this position contributes to the growth, profitability and success of the organization by exhibiting the following behaviors: Customer/quality focus, professional demeanor, positive influence, accountability, collaboration, adaptability, communication, inclusiveness, innovation, job knowledge/technology orientation & team focus.
Support & Maintain Office Effectiveness
- Open & close office including lights, phones, other office equipment, signage, coffee, unlocking/locking appropriate cabinets & doors, etc.
- Greet guests in a prompt, professional & friendly manner.
- Triage incoming questions & calls. Provide callers with information such as address, directions, phone numbers, company website & other related information.
- Distribute incoming mail, faxes, packages, etc.
- Post outgoing mail, bulk mailing, and coordinate courier pick-ups & deliveries as needed.
- File, scan & copy documentation as needed
- Assist with administrative duties as requested.
- Provide excellent customer service to agents to facilitate their success in serving our clients.
- Provide new agent orientations by ensuring the following activities are completed: set-up of work station & technology needs, orientation to facility, equipment & safety practices, review of company policies, and completion of new agent paperwork.
- Ensure that agents are aware of & trained on all of the company marketing tools available to them.
Marketing & Technology
- Create & coordinate marketing materials: flyers, virtual tours, photo-editing pre-publication.
- Stay abreast of all company Marketing campaigns/initiatives & ensure timely delivery/communication to agents. Assist agents with follow-up, including customization of campaign materials.
- Create & prepare general marketing collateral for the branch (i.e. flyers, postcards, etc.) Know and adhere to company brand standards.
- Assist agents with creating & preparing general marketing collateral (i.e. flyers, postcards, etc.). Know and adhere to MLS rules, and state licensing requirements.
- Assist agents with developing their web profile pages on branch and company websites.
- Monitor office and agent profile pages to ensure proper representation.
- Troubleshoot basic issues with marketing tools & escalate unresolved issues to the company marketing department.
- Order & stock branded marketing material, including agent signage as back-up.
- Coordinate all branch print and online advertising, ensuring that all content is proofread & accurate. Design ad templates or request the same from the Marketing department as needed. Manage office ad calendar and internal deadlines.
- Act as a resource to agents on all forms of social media.
- Manage branch social media efforts to comply with SEO best practices.
- Develop & maintain proficiency in all applicable office technology (i.e. hardware, software, email, company intranet, company website, phone, copiers, fax machines, printers, etc.) in order to effectively train others & act as the first line of contact for all branch technology issues.
- Ensure new employees & agents are set-up & trained on the network, email, phone/voicemail & all other applicable company technology.
- Attend technology classes & participate in ongoing training.
- Communicate, train & implement new technology & procedures in the branch.
- Keep the company Technology department abreast of any ongoing technology issues or technology-related needs.
Point person for pre-listing activities
- Manage the process for contracts, marketing and property preparation.
- Help agents with compiling information for Comparative Market Analysis presentations.
- Coordinate photography, including light editing of photos.
- Coordinate programs to support listings by establishing a line of communication between agents and clients.
- Maintain files on the secure shared drive for each listing to include all relevant paperwork. Ensure that all forms are the updated version & review for accuracy. Prepare the file for review.
- Enter listings into the NWMLS. Upload/attach documents, photos & virtual tours as necessary. Process changes as needed (price, extensions, cancellations, etc.).
- Ensure listings are in compliance with NWMLS rules & regulations. Check listings for Fair Housing “Danger Words.”
- Scan file to secure shared drive for each listing. Ensure proper electronic file storage. Review all listing files & ensure that documents are received/scanned & have PMB
- Create & maintain Listing Review Sheet and have all listings reviewed within a timely manner.
- Check listings for EP status & notes in system. Notify appropriate manager of possible EP status so final approval can be marked noted in the system.
- Check NWMLS for expiring listings and communicate with agents whose listings may expire soon. Update the secure shared drive when listings expire or are cancelled.
- Follow up on all NWMLS warnings, correct and/or notify agent. Keep the PMB informed if unable to correct.
- Ensure all final closing documents, including detail sheets and escrow sheets, are loaded into file and NWMLS is marked sold with proper information uploaded.
- Assemble listing & sales packets as needed.
- Order NWMLS Forms as needed and make sure forms are available and up to date.
- Responsible for smooth transition of seller files to Transaction Services team to ensure that fiduciary service continues.
Education & Experience
Associates degree preferred.
Minimum of 3 years in a professional office environment required. Real estate office experience preferred.
Real Estate license preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Understanding of the real estate industry and its sales process.
Exceptional creative problem-solving abilities, able to take initiative and operate with minimal supervision.
Ability to anticipate client and agent needs and challenges.
Strong team building and interpersonal skills. Ability to generate a feeling of trust and confidence, and establish and maintain effective relationships as necessitated by work assignments. Strives for continuous improvement and solicits customer feedback (including internal customers) to improve service.
Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Polished written, verbal and listening communications skills.
Strong attention to detail; ability to be highly accurate with critical information and able to adapt during constant interruption of duties.
Solid Attendance history with the ability to work a flexible schedule when needed.
Customer service orientation – strong training and support skills.
Self-driven, motivated, results-oriented.
Professional dress & demeanor.
Excellent knowledge of Windows operating system, Microsoft Office products (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher).
Ability to troubleshoot basic issues and train others on basic and intermediate skills.
Must have Intermediate working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign/Creative Suite and basic photo editing software, Adobe Acrobat and other publishing programs.
Knowledge of social media and real estate specific software preferred.