PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Associate Merchant will assist the Merchant team with implementation and execution of product strategies that align with business objectives and financial goals. This role will support the merchant team through a variety of tasks, including business analysis, product review, vendor meetings, and execution of strategy.
- Responsible for specified portion of product assortments and groups.
- Supports Merchant teams and executes tasks to deliver on strategic objectives.
- Partners with leader and cross-functional partners to assist in building product assortment and lines for specified categories.
- Analyze business trends and identify areas of opportunities and provide recommendations for improvements to the Merchant teams.
- Helps manage relationships and facilitate vendor interactions working closely with Merchant/Sr. Merchant.
- Builds and maintains strong understanding of the industry.
- Partners for specific category tactics and execution.
- May make product decisions for assigned product category groups.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Related Field.
- 2+ years professional or retail experience.
LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts.
For more information, visit Lowes.com.