he 600 plus room hotel, 60,000 sq. ft. banquet is seeking a Director of Food and Beverage to ensure quality service and standards while delivering a guest experience that is unique. Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations concerning health, safety, or other requirements.
We are looking for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage, and labour costs.
- In partnership with other department heads, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue. Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for our guests.
- Ensure all credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Direct day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with governmental regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained in quality and service standards and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Ensure that all food and beverage facilities and equipment are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Analyse guest insights to identify and meet customer expectations and build on guest loyalty.
- Interact with guests to ensure expectations are being met.
- Manage local food and beverage marketing programes for the hotel; participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programes and promotions. Monitor local competitors and industry trends.
- Ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment, and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This is the top food and beverage job in a large full-service, luxury or resort hotel. Supervises a large number of employees in multiple major food and beverage outlets and kitchens, and banquet and convention facilities. Oversees multiple managers and supervisors.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field plus 4+ years of related experience, including management experience.
- Must speak local language.
- Must obtain certifications or permits as required by local governmental agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)