OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast-growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
As the Director for the US Army Accounts you will interface on a daily basis with programmatic, technical, acquisitions and senior leadership staff within the US Army and associated agencies (including elements of USSOCOM, NGB and specific Combatant Commands) to best position the OneWeb service proposition and our UT integrator partners. Briefings will be held directly with the Army and in conjunction with service provider and UT integrator partners that we select in our go-to-market process. The Director, US Army Accounts will work on OneWeb briefs in tandem with engineering and the UT teams to ensure a common messaging and customer acquisition strategy throughout.
In addition, the Director, US Army Accounts will liaise with OneWeb UT OEMs and systems integrators such as L3, General Dynamics, Thales, Boeing, Northrop, Grumman, General Atomics, Sierra Nevada Corporation, MAG Aerospace, LEIDOS, Raytheon etc. to ensure product and service awareness in the run up to future program acquisitions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 20 years of experience managing satellite communications systems on US Army programs specifically in the PEO C3T and PEO Aviation shops, including proven ability to operate and maintain satcom systems as they interface with other tactical network capabilities either legacy or future.
- You are known to the current Army senior leadership and able to call meetings on a regular basis at APG, Ft Belvoir, Ft Gordon etc.
- Demonstrable experience preparing and delivering technical briefs to large audiences at trade shows, working groups or at customer premises.
- Expert understanding of IP networking, tactical narrow and broadband band communications such as VHF/UHF and Manet and DoD encryption devices and CSFC solutions.
- At least 4 years proven sales experience having closed multi-year deals with a value over $10 million dollars.
- Hold an active clearance at a minimum of SECRET but with the ability to hold TOP SECRET.