* Must be at least 18 years of age
* High School Diploma/G.E.D. or Degree
* Lifeguards need to possess or obtain Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification
* Thorough knowledge and application of swimming and water safety skills
* Ability to react efficiently and effectively in emergency rescue situations
* Ability to perform assigned tasks requiring physical strength and agility
* Ability and willingness to swim and get in the pool
Experience in swimming or teaching swim lessons
Experience in a leadership role
Minimum 3 years’ experience as a lifeguard
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Head Lifeguard is a supervisor level assignment that will assist the SWISD Aquatic Center Administration with all aquatic venue supervision, safety, operation and maintenance ensuring the safety of all students, staff and users of the SWISD Aquatic Center within the guidelines and codes of the State of Texas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as lifeguard for all aquatics programs, and events held at Southwest ISD Aquatic Center.
Assist with the shift schedule and rotation of staff.
Attend and update all lesson certifications.
Ensures general safety, cleanliness, and appearance in and around the pool area.
Responsible for set-up of activities/programs.
Monitors all facility program participants for safety.
Monitors all facility spectators for safety.
Represent the program in a professional and mature manner at all times.
Assist and teach swim lessons in accordance with SWISD program guidelines.
Assist in the supervision of all aquatic disciplines and using appropriate skills in water safety, considering the use and care of swimming, diving, water polo or aquatic activity equipment.
Attend and participate in all staff meetings/in-service as required by Supervisor.
Have a positive and cheerful personality.
Ability to communicate with staff, parents and swimmers.
Must pass all skills on in-services, trainings, and quick response checks.
Assist in opening and closing of facility.
Maintains confidentiality of information.
Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job.
Perform other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 - $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Antonio, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person