Virtual Registered Dietitian (RD) / Certified Diabetes Educator
Virtual Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Virtual Certified Health Coach, Virtual Certified Clinical Nutritionist, or Virtual Certified Nutrition Consultant that will execute the plan of care as directed by the medical provider he/she is assigned to virtually. Overall duties include: implementing, fulfilling, & evaluating patients using inHealth Medical Services, Inc. telemedicine programs & services for integrative holistic wellness coaching.
Work from home. No more commuting or traffic, save money on gas, and spend more time with your family. Come work from home for a rapidly growing Lifestyle Coaching company based out of Los Angeles, CA. We provide off-site support to healthcare providers and their patients throughout the country. As a RD or Health Coach, you will have the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for patients with obesity related co-morbidities by delivering one-on-one clinical guidance and support.
- Specializes in holistic lifestyle modification and nutrition; specifically understands and welcomes meal replacements and dietary supplementation. Must be comfortable educating patients on and utilizing supplement protocols.
- Specializes in obesity management including intensive behavioral therapy.
- Specializes in a specific specialty track (e.g. weight management, chronic disease management, diabetes education, cardiovascular health, gastrointestinal health).
- Provides health coaching and/or medical nutrition therapy and health education services to assigned patients using telemedicine according to specifications assigned by specific assigned doctor(s).
- Implements the InHealth Medical Services, Inc. nutrition, exercise, and behavior plan as described and as prescribed by the HCP.
- Consults with physicians and staff regarding related health coaching services.
- Discusses HCP prescribed supplementation to the patient during initial and all follow up visits and orders products as directed by the overseeing HCP. Tracks usage and reordering needs.
- Orders patient mobile health devices to be shipped to the patient’s location.
- Responsible for scheduling patients for monthly visit with HCP and patient following up on a weekly basis with the RD/HC/CCN.
- Monitors performance of patients using designated outcome measures exported through the telehealth platform EMR system.
- Conducts a wide range of health education services, including administering documents for patients, maintaining quality health coaching in accordance with the HCP plan of care, provide individual visit and outcome documentation in accordance with reporting standards.
- Performs scheduling, medical charting, and logistical support for doctors and other administrative needs.
- May be asked to coordinate health information projects such as program catalogs, newsletter content, informational brochures, meal plans etc.
- Will participate in all quality control performance reviews as needed by the InHealth Medical Services, Inc. quality control team.
- Prepares reports and documentation as assigned for HCPs.
- Creates health education patient content as needed.
Needs to be hired:
- Complete training and training manual for inHealth programs and specialty tracks.
- Complete all patient modules and quizzes.
- Professional liability insurance, current among hire.
- Current license or certification to practice in state.
- Computer with access to high-bandwidth internet service.
- Smart phone access.
- Tech-savvy, must be able to chart and navigate multi-HER systems.
- Self-motivated, problem solver and able to organize job assignments.
- One (1) year of previous experience in one or more of the following: Weight management, Chronic Disease Management, Diabetes Management, Cardiovascular Disease Management, GI (IBS/IBD), Eating disorders.
- Previous experience in uncomplicated nutrition, fitness, and/or behavior modification curriculum and materials development.
- Bachelor's degree or four (4) year degree in nutrition, dietetics or similar field.
- RD licensure or NCCA certification in Health Coaching
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, IBT, group process theory and application.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to navigate multiple technology platforms.
- Knowledge of MAC and or PC applications required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Obtain professional liability insurance that insures telemedicine.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Completed specialist certifications in integrative nutrition (ex. Institute of Integrative Nutrition, or Institute of Functional Medicine).
- Certified Diabetes Educator certification, preferred.
- Experience in virtual health coaching visits (video and/or phone).
- Schedule varies based on HCP, patient requests, and RD/HC availability. (Regular business hours, nights, and weekends may be requested by required).
- Minimum of 20 hours/ week time availability for part-time employment, or 40 hours/week for full-time employment
- Direct supervisors: inHealth Medical Services, Inc., Sr Manager of Health Coaching and Chief Science Officer.
Primary Location: Telemedicine/Home
Salary: $20 - 25/ hour
Shift: Variable/Partially determined by the RD/HC availability
Working Days: Variable
Working Hours: 30 hours/ week (+)
Job: Registered Dietitian/Certified Health Coach
Department Name: Dietetics and Health Coaching
Job Eligible for Benefits: Yes, after 90-day period with consistent 20 (+) hrs/ week, Health Options available.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Weight loss or bariatric medicine: 1 year
- Registered Dietitian: 1 year