*Can work remotely only if the candidate has 10+ years of business immigration experience.*
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP seeks a full-time Immigration Paralegal to join our Jacksonville, FL team. The Immigration Paralegal will support attorneys with immigration matters. We are seeking an experienced business immigration paralegal with at least 2+ years of experience in employment-based immigration to start immediately.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work on non-immigrant and immigrant visa applications including, but not limited to: H-1B, L-1, E-1/2/3, O, TN, Labor Certification, Immigrant Petitions, Adjustment of Status applications, etc
- Multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Willingness to abide by the confidentiality requirements of providing legal services
- Draft legal correspondence, government forms and communications to clients.
- Organize and maintain case files and other filings – both hardcopy and electronic
- Electronically file documents with governmental entities
- Commitment to meeting deadlines; timely communication of the status of projects and work performed
- Coordinate with accounting department on billing and related administrative matters
- Assist with incoming telephone calls and extensive client contact
- Be a team player with other staff members to help ensure that deadlines are met and that the firm’s clients receive excellent legal services
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prior experience as a Business Immigration Paralegal is required
- Paralegal training is required
- Requires strong attention to detail and excellent writing skills
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience in time-keeping, calendaring and document management systems is also helpful
- Excellent typing, organization, teamwork and communication skills
- Database entry skills
Qualities Ideal Candidates will have:
- A natural aptitude for paying careful attention to detail in filing forms and creating documents
- Several years of solid experience in immigration procedures and processes, and strong word processing and document editing skills are preferred
- Qualified candidates will have a strong sense of attention to detail, strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel), document management systems, immigration documents and forms, and the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- This is a team-based atmosphere, with a competitive compensation package plus benefits. The position is available immediately and is an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated immigration paralegal
- Open-door work environments
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401(k) and profit sharing plans
- Life Insurance
- Onsite Parking
- Gym reimbursement
*These benefits are subject to change
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including but not limited to selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, and compensation. Our Firm prohibits discrimination, harassment, or retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations; or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Indeed Hire and Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prohete LLP are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Immigration Paralegal: 2 years (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate/Training (Required)