Raytheon Intelligence and Information Services (IIS) – Cyber Security & Special Missions (CSM) – Raytheon Cyber Services (RCS) has an immediate opening for an Associate Cyber Security Analyst. The candidate will be able to effectively analyze and respond to all relevant cyber security alerts, malware events, malicious event data and other information sources for suspicious network traffic, attack indicators, indicators of compromise and potential security breaches; The analyst will gather data, coordinate IT business units, produce reports, assist in coordination during incidents. This position is on-site in Sterling, VA. This position will operate as day shift (7am – 4pm) including 1 weekend night.
Hiring is conditional on the candidate being able to pass a background/drug screening and any additional screenings for customer access. Offers are contingent on contract award. Position could be a level G06 or G07 DOE.
Prior experience working in one of the following is preferred:
- The qualified Personnel will investigate and perform detailed security analysis of network threats such as computer viruses, exploits, indicators of compromise and malicious attacks
- Determining true threats, false positives and network system misconfigurations and provide solutions to issues detected in a timely manner;
- Monitor for potential compromise, intrusion, deficiency, significant event or threat to the security posture and security baseline;
- Update and maintain standard operating procedures and other technical documentation
- Security Operations Center (SOC)/Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
- Experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks and one or more of the following:
- Experience in computer intrusion analysis and incident response
- Working knowledge of Intrusion detection/protection systems
- Knowledge and understanding of network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures
- Working knowledge of network protocols and common services
- System log analysis
- Current experience with network intrusion detection and response operations (Protect, Defend, Respond and Sustain methodology)
- Experience responding to and resolving situations caused by network attacks
- Ability to assess information of network threats such as scans, computer viruses or complex attacks
- Working knowledge of WAN/LA concepts and technologies
- SIEM content Analysis, Development and Testing
- Familiarity with packet analysis to include:
- HTTP Headers & Status codes
- SMTP Traffic & Status codes
- FTP Traffic & Status Codes
Possessing the following Certifications is desired or the ability to obtain 1 of the following:
- Or related advanced IT certification
Bachelor's degree in STEM area. Work experience and/or certifications may be substituted in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
Speaks English fluently
- Personality traits: Naturally curious and inquisitive nature; persistent and determined; loves solving problems and puzzles; analytically rigorous; uncompromising integrity.
- Experience with firewalls, routers, proxy, IDS/IPS or antivirus appliances a plus
- Experience working on a 24x7x365 watch desk environment
- Experience with industry standard Remedy/Service Now
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.