The Echo or Vascular Ultrasound Tech is responsible for the independent, competent performance of all procedures according to set protocols in the area of both cardiac and vascular ultrasound. Ensures procedures are performed within designated time frames with appropriate order. Safely and proficiently operates ultrasound and associated equipment. Recognizes significant and life threatening abnormalities, acquires appropriate diagnostic information and images and accurately communicates and documents results of diagnostic examinations in preliminary reports. Will perform job duties in multiple venues, including hospital, clinic and multiple mobile sites. Will cover both Echo and Vascular in rotating call for nights, weekends and Holidays.
Responsible for organizing and assisting with daily operations of the echo/vascular laboratory. Thoroughly completes all paperwork, including patient scheduling and communication, documentation, report distribution and charges. Also responsible for maintaining supplies, reporting equipment failures, and assisting with quality assessment (QA), protocol development, IAC accreditation and PACs implementation. The Echo or Vascular Ultrasound Tech maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge in sonographic field. Freely shares knowledge and skills to encourage growth and development of the Sonographer I, encouraging and assisting with cross training.
This is a permanent position located in Kearney, Nebraska.
- Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program or Cardiovascular Technology Program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography or health related field is desirable.
- One year of prior experience following RDCS and RVT is preferred.
- Experience in both fields adequate to perform all procedures in echo and vascular in the clinic, at the hospital, at mobile sites and when on call.
- Active certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in the specialty of cardiac ultrasound (RDCS) and vascular technology (RVT)
- Current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for both specialties as appropriate.
- CPR certification for Health Care Providers
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $100.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call
- BLS Certification (Preferred)