This position is responsible for providing legal counsel to the company on a wide range of legal issues. Advise management team / executive staffs on specific legal specialization. Has a wide range of legal knowledge and possesses the ability to assist in managing of company affairs; with a focus on compliance, business enablement, visa / immigration. The position will work closely with senior management, outside legal counsel and employees at all levels.
- Keeping informed of industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Developing the organization’s policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance or regulatory affairs
- Researching and analyzing the law on complex issues and writing a brief for submission to an outside attorney or executive of the organization
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the organization and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
- Developing and communicating policies and procedures for the company’s standard of legal and ethical conduct
- Providing reports on a regular basis to keep senior management informed of the progress and status of the compliance program, and advising them of new developments in ethics and regulatory compliance
- Coordinating and managing outside counsel and litigation to ensure effectiveness and alignment of outside counsel with company objectives
- Advising on employment matters and providing proactive guidance for compliance
- Negotiating with outside parties on legal issues and legal disputes, including settlement conferences
- Drafting, negotiating, administrating all contracts and agr
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- J.D. from an accredited law school with strong academic credentials.
- 10+ years practicing as a corporate attorney at a big law firm, in-house experience a plus.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communications. The ability to collaboratively sell strategies throughout the organization generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Influencing Ability: Ability to influence major decisions through reasoned analysis and business understanding; demonstrated presence and stature; demonstrated nuanced ability to collaborate with and influence members at all levels of the company
- Leadership Experience: Demonstrate the ability to take the lead, in a positive way with management and department leaders; to proactively partner with business leaders to collaborate and resolve challenges.
- Problem Solving: Capacity for managing complexity, analyzing and synthesizing financial and other business information and making aggressive, fast paced business decisions.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills. Ability to convey ideas in a meaningful way and secure commitment and support from others at all levels of the company.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct,
- practical and results-oriented legal advice.
- General knowledge of Intellectual Property is a plus
- Bilingual in English / Chinese (fluent in verbal / written) is a plus.
- International Travel Requirement? 10-20%
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. As this is a salaried position, it may require varying amounts of time to accomplish the assigned duties, including time spent outside of the normal business hours, of which compensation is included in salary. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
Global Solar Energy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Employee Handbook.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Required)
- leadership: 5 years (Preferred)