Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a software engineer, you'll work with both new and current technologies, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Gameplay team within Teamfight Tactics, you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to enable the creation of new game features, systems, and gameplay experiences for our players. You will discuss and define the needs of art, design, and audio in a highly collaborative environment. You will build new technology in a wide variety of game systems to meet those needs. As Teamfight Tactics is a multi-platform game, supporting PC, Android, and iOS, cross-platform experience would be beneficial. You will report to the Engineering Manager responsible for the Gameplay team.
- Work with multi-disciplinary partners to ensure we're delivering awesome features to excite them and our players
- Mentor junior engineers to develop technically sound features and foster a creative atmosphere in which all disciplines can shine
- Influence software engineering best practices within the team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, and test/build/deploy processes
- Develop sustainable solutions, improving the engine and leaving it better than you found it
- 3+ years of professional gameplay engineering experience, or equivalent experience working on game-like features
- Expertise in C++ in a real-time environment
- Have been responsible for driving the design and leading of development of multi-month efforts, including requirements gathering, planning, testing, and release or deployment
- Collaborative mindset and experience working with others disciplines
- Familiarity with iterative development methodologies like Scrum, Agile or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with game engine tools, workflows & content pipelines
- 3+ years of experience in the video game industry including one or more shipped titles
- Mobile and/or multi-platform experience a bonus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.