The Divisional Merchandise Manager (DMM) is responsible for fully managing assigned portfolios, the respective P&L’s and a team of highly motivated colleagues within the General Merchandise (GM) business unit. The DMM has full responsibility for setting the strategic direction for their portfolios, attaining budgeted sales, budgeted margin, market share growth and developing high performing teams. Overall, the DMM is responsible for achieving the Merchandising objectives as they relate to the CVS Strategic plan.
The DMM will be responsible for the following businesses:
Greeting Cards, Photo, Gift Cards and Financial Services (including the expansion of the lottery business). This portfolio will adjust/evolve based on business needs; initial team size 7-10 people.
- Develop growth strategies for portfolios and oversee the development of Category strategies, rooted in a deep understanding of the customer and competitive trends. Foster innovation by bringing ideas to market quickly while balancing growth potential against financial risk
- Deliver sales and margin goals in assigned portfolios by attaining market share growth. Managing all profit and loss targets to include but not limited to: sales, contribution margin, inventory turns, GMROI and DOS.
- Build and develop high performing teams. Identify and selecting the most effective associates based on their skill set. Develop performance measures and goals which meet CVS strategic plans. Measuring, monitoring and holding associates accountable to goals. Provide timely and constructive feedback which place associates on a path to success while meeting corporate objectives.
- Vendor management to include: collaborating, interviewing, and negotiating with manufacturers and vendors to ensure strategies are aligned to drive profitable sales.
- Define and lead the execution of cross merchandising or Divisional strategic initiatives. Develop and cultivate effective collaborative teams within CVS support areas of Digital, Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Brands, Store Design and Store Operations.
- Compliance orientation to maintain integrity of data, systems and partnerships with vendors.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, to include internationally
- Anticipates business opportunities, challenges and drives long-term strategies while maintaining a focus on shorter-term objectives.
- Continuously evaluates what’s important to the customer/client and develops products or solutions that exceed expectations.
- Rigorously drives self and others to achieve high levels of individual and organizational performance . . . clearly wants to win.
- Provides opportunities, guidance and feedback to develop colleagues and ensure a pipeline of talent for the future.
- Skillfully persuades others to support important initiatives, gain alignment with our strategy and goals, and act in the best interests of the company.
- Develops and applies a deep personal knowledge of our businesses, customers and clients.
- Challenges self and the organization to seek and promote leading edge solutions, create new opportunities, and be the market-maker.
- Makes timely and well-informed decisions that advance critical priorities, capitalize on new opportunities, and resolve problems.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with colleagues throughout the company toward the common good of CVS Health.
- 10+ years of experience in retail of or consumer packaged goods, (experience in retail merchandising and/or management consulting a plus).
- 5+ years of experience managing a team (professional retail and/or digital merchandising/category management staff).
- Working knowledge of modern merchandising tools and systems (promotions, assortment, pricing, optimization, etc).
- Proven track record of driving transformational performance in a retail business through the implementation of innovative strategies to drive sales and margin.
Bachelor's Degree from leading institution, MBA preferred.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.