Administrative Assistant(Job Number:
United States-Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Main Campus
Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
- Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
- Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
- Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT annually since 2009
- Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” annually since 2010
- 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures.
As part of the IT&S Administrative Support Team, this position provides administrative support to assigned executives, management and staff. Teamwork, organizational skills and confidentiality are essential. Maintains Outlook calendars and email as assigned. Schedules meetings (internal/external to the organization) as requested. Flexible in supporting any office projects needing extra attention due to specific deadlines. Assists other administrative support staff in projects and cross-coverage as needed.
% of Time and Description
- Manage multiple Outlook calendars, schedule meetings/events using judgment to resolve conflicts.
- Coordinate and arrange logistics for various meetings/events and external events including meetings, conferences, entertainment, receptions, and dinners.
- Serve as primary contact for office deliveries/mail, office supplies, maintenance issues, equipment requests, new hire set up, etc. Assist in onboarding new employees, contractors and vendors.
- Track and report on space utilization in assigned area of responsibility
- Maintain Outlook distribution lists
- Code and coordinate all invoices through the approval process. Review and allocate expenses through the amex@work reconciliation tool monthly.
- Provide general administrative support, including making copies, filing, answering phones, delivering mail, sending faxes, drafting and typing correspondence, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
- Order supplies for department; monitor associated expenses in relation to the budget
- Arrange travel as needed, including booking and creating itineraries. Prepare expense reports upon request
- Report PTO/EIB for assigned area of responsibility on a monthly basis.
- Attend meetings, draft meeting minutes and distribute outcomes as requested.
- Produce reports as needed from Planview and Heathstream. Assign courses and learning events.
- Create and maintain Atlas teamrooms as needed
- Records management
Relevant Work Experience
3 to 7 years
Other preferred/required experience:
Experience supporting executive management
College Graduate Preferred
Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
High degree of flexibility required
Good interpersonal skills
Good organizational skills
Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision
Ability to effectively communicate
Ability to work and participate in a team environment within and across departments.
Demonstrate service oriented mindset.
Some overtime may be required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Typical office environment including prolonged sitting at desk/computer.