Prime Video is currently seeking a Senior Technical Account Manager (TAM) to help us grow Prime Video through engagement with partners in consumer electronics and software for living room devices. The TAM is responsible for managing all technical aspects of Amazon’s relationship with its device partners. They work closely with the business development team to on-board new partners, grow distribution of Amazon Video and introduce new features. The TAM looks at the engineering considerations, and co-ordinates all technical input on the Amazon Video app and playback, involving specialist engineering teams as appropriate. The TAM is responsible for the ongoing engineering success of the partnership.
Your goals will be to manage engineering delivery, ensure partner support for the Amazon Video product roadmap and work with the Business Development team to drive customer growth and engagement. Plainly put, the TAM is the bridge between business and technology, managing technical relationships with Amazon Video partners (both internal and external). They are liaison and primary point of contact between our external OEM partners and our technical teams. You will lead integrations, technical due diligence on new platforms and influence partners’ future roadmaps. Additionally, you are also responsible for identifying important new trends in the OTT and CE marketplace. You will own all engineering aspects of the relationship with global partners, drive partner performance and ensure that the partner implements Amazon Video upgrades.
As this role has a global responsibility, it often involves partners and internal teams spread around the globe on multiple time zones. A successful TAM will have experience in working with geographically separated teams and embraces non-traditional working hours. Travel to/within the United States, Europe and Asia Pac is often required.
TAMs problem solve, scope, clear roadblocks, coordinate launches and dive deep to ensure the mutual customers of Amazon and 3Ps have a great video experience. They are responsible for making sure expectations are clear and that all teams are working toward a joint deliverable.
We are looking for a dynamic TAM who is ready for the challenge of driving the integration and distribution of Prime Video with global home CE companies as part of the Prime Video Business Development team. Managing this exciting and fast growing portion of the Amazon business will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work in a diverse team and fulfil the Amazon motto to “Work Hard, Have Fun, and make History.”
As the TAM, Prime Video your responsibilities will include the following:
· Persuasively representing Prime Video technical capabilities and requests to 3Ps.
· Fostering strong relationships with 3Ps, including assessing requirements and underlying feature requests to recommend technical and business approaches.
· Conducting pre-project discovery and scoping – gathering product and roadmap information to work with engineering teams to develop a detailed plan for integrations.
· Vetting 3P technology platforms and capabilities as a qualification for successful engagements. Matching 3P technical needs to Amazon Video solutions.
· Managing 3Ps, notably during the business development, qualification and technical implementation stages. Implementing and optimizing the technical aspects of distribution relationships.
· Managing projects after deployment – coordination of post-launch device activities, including technical aspects to increase engagement and 3P problem solving.
· Driving and refining the 3P technical engagement process around integration and distribution.
· Investigating new technologies for Prime Video distribution. Identifying new companies and technologies to work with and influencing internal roadmaps/priorities.
· Managing long-term strategic interests as well as the tactical and day-to-day.
· Coordinating closely with product, software development and technical program management teams to ensure continuity of the technical needs of 3Ps.
· Driving customer experience and engagement technical improvements on 3P platforms.
· Driving process improvements in 3P qualification and integration. Successful candidates will have experience working with 3Ps, demonstrate excellent relationship management and technical ability to communicate requirements and influence decisions.
· Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
· 10+ years experience in a product management, tech/engineering and technology strategy role
· Demonstrable technical and operational experience in digital video, consumer electronics, or a related field.
· Deep hands on technical expertise and strong analytical skills are a must
· Ability to establish and retain credibility with technical and non-technical business owners
· Analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get things done and deliver results.
· Experience in building scalable systems based on web services and large databases
· Knowledge of embedded video clients for IPTV, STB, or mobile
· Experience working with partners, systems integrators and third-party developers
· Ability to influence and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical partners and vendors (both working level and executive communications)
· Hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
· Experience with content delivery networks
· Experience with video playback, encoding, DRM, and packaging (SD/HD, UHD and HDR)
· Excellent working knowledge of Digital Video channel, including a strong network of existing contacts, ideally from a selection of the following: CE companies, game consoles, set top boxes, SOC and middleware, broadband service providers/CDNs, telcos, and wireless operators.
· Leads with confidence and with little supervision.
· Collaborative leadership, capable of driving internal & external stakeholders to consensus while balancing product / technology needs with longer term relationship objectives
· Experience in product or project management or engineering in digital video or consumer electronics, including supporting launch of new applications or rolling out new features for existing products.
Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle, including detailed requirements gathering, functional specifications, technical design, development, test, implementation, deployment and maintenance.
· Proven track record of getting things done, rapidly shifting gears between roles between business development and technical account management and managing competing priorities
Evidence of sourcing, supporting or implementing complex 3P agreements.
Superior written and spoken English communications and persuasion skills, with a high attention to detail.
Ability to travel 25% as needed