Industry City is a six-million square-foot, 16 building redevelopment located in Brooklyn, New York. The complex is undergoing an ambitious multi-phase repositioning to transform historic industrial buildings into an urban campus comprised of 500+ businesses spanning tech, media, design, manufacturing and more. AECOM, Motivate, Conde Nast, Buck Media, ?WhatIF!, and West Elm are some of the companies that make up the dynamic innovation ecosystem at Industry City. The property also hosts the corporate headquarters of The Brooklyn Nets and the team’s state of the art practice facility. The ground floors at Industry City are home to 35+ bars and eateries including a 40,000 square-foot food hall, James Beard award-winning Sahadi’s, and the recently opened Japan Village. As Brooklyn’s Design District Industry City is also home to retailers including abc carpet + home, Design Within Reach, Mitchel Gold & Bob Williams, and RH Outlet.
The Design Summer Intern will work within the Design Team to collaborate directly with Development, Leasing, and Project Management teams design and execute projects on campus.
- Contribute to the design process by utilizing various software platforms (AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite) to assist in creating plans, renderings, environmental graphics, and presentations.
- Assist Development Team in day-to-day operations and projects.
- Collaborate with Project Management, Development and Leasing team to provide documentation for potential tenants.
- Attend internal design meetings.
- May provide other design duties as required.
- Pursuing degree in architecture, interior design, industrial design, graphic design or related field.
- Excellent communicator, written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Comfortable working with a team or individually.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, driven, and organized.
- Professional demeanor and eagerness to learn.
- Strong computer skills including: AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Work samples in digital format