PSI IS LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDICS TO WORK AT OUR MONEE FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT LOCATION.
Paramedic Services of Illinois, Inc.
Join The Team Dedicated To Excellence
For more than 40 years, Paramedic Services of Illinois, Inc. remains one of the leading providers of contractual paramedic and firefighter services. By employing dedicated professionals and maintaining high standards, PSI has developed a distinguished reputation in the EMS/Fire industry. PSI provides paramedics/firefighters to communities, municipalities and fire protection districts. We also provide in-house Critical Care Transport Teams and a state-of-the-art ambulance/fire rescue billing service to our clients and other communities. PSI proudly serves over 640,000 residents as well as hundreds of thousands of additional visitors across 2,836 square miles with over 65,000 emergency calls completed annually.
- The company is based on four core values:
- Offer the highest patient care available.
- Set the standard for paramedic excellence.
- Make the quality of life better for the people we come in contact with on a daily basis.
- Exceed our client’s expectations.
Paramedic Services of Illinois, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining talented, high-quality individuals. We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a 401K retirement plan.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- A competitive salary, based upon experience & qualifications
- Scheduled performance evaluations
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 24/48 hour shifts
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Life Insurance
- Credit union membership
- Professional liability insurance
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan (FSA)
- Short & Long term off-duty disability insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- Service award program
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Bereavement leave
- Switch time privileges
- Selective tuition reimbursement
- Reimbursement for State of Illinois EMS relicensing fee
- Uniforms provided, under a one-year reimbursement agreement
- Firefighting gear provided
- Retirement Award Program
- To properly assess and transport patients with medical emergencies and injuries; administer the appropriate basic and advanced life support to patient as authorized by the Emergency Medical System Project Medical Director or his/her delegated authority.
- Provide professional service in fire suppression, rescue, extrication, hazardous material situation and to protect life and property, in accordance with standard operating procedures and operational guidelines.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist with vehicle and equipment maintenance, station maintenance, public education, public relations, public health safety programs, emergency medical service training, fire training, fire prevention activities, fire suppression, rescue, extrication, hazardous material situations, demonstrations, instructing and any other activity that would benefit the Company, its contracting communities, or the general public.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Current/Valid Illinois Driver’s License of proper classification
- Successful completion of a Paramedic program and maintain a current/valid Illinois Department of Public Health License
- Capable of completing continuing education and testing requirements in the system that you are assigned
- State of Illinois Firefighter Certifications
- Successful completion of a professional and criminal background check
- Successful completion of a motor vehicle check
- Successfully pass pre-employment testing including a Fit for Duty Physical, Drug Screening, Agility and Lifting Evaluation
PREFERRED (but not required)
- PHTLS/ BTLS/ITLS
- CPR Instructor
- CPAT for Firefighter applications
If you are a licensed Paramedic/Firefighter who strives for excellence and desires an exceptional career opportunity, submit your resume or contact us at (847) 678-4900.
For more information about PSI, visit us at www.paramedicservices.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00 /year
- Paramedic: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Illinois Firefighter II or BOF (Required)
- IDPH Paramedic (Required)