This is a Mid-Senior or Director Level job.
Note : We have job availability at our following locations:
Mooresville, NC Alexandria, VA Huntsville, AL
Essential Education and Certifications
- A Security+ and CISSP and CCNA certificate a PLUS
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance (US Citizen)
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer must identify the best solutions to meet Corporate security controls. The engineer must be able to integrate these solutions to provide a complete security solution that meets NIST SP requirements. Must be able to apply security requirements to functional elements of the system to develop system security architecture and a system security description.
- Ensure system security compliance is achieved, maintained, and reported to management and Federal agencies.
- Accurately characterize enterprise risk and help to lead remediation efforts
- Analyze, interpret, and recommend solutions for system shortfalls, discrepancies, or improvements in technologies and security requirements
- Completes overall system integration and test
- Supports patch management and vulnerability assessment
- Participates in and supports penetration testing of the system
- Contributes to development of enhancing system defensive capabilities
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience analyzing security controls for systems under design or deployed in operational environments
- Knowledge of information assurance and security policies, procedures, directives, and frameworks, including DoD 8500 series, NIST SPs, DCID 6/3, DoDAF, and HSPD-12, and how they affect a security solution
- 5+ years of experience providing engineering analysis, design and support for firewalls, routers, networks and operating systems.
- Experience with leading security design or analysis tasks
- 5+ years of experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies
Job Type: Full-time
- cyber security: 5 years (Required)
- Security Clearance (Preferred)