Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provides professional care and assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. Provides care to these patients utilizing the nursing process in collaboration with other health care team members.
State of CT RN license
36 control hours
12 hour shifts 7pm-7:30am with weekends as required
1. Performs assessments in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychological & cognitive status.
2. Formulates a goal directed plan of care which is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis & patient outcomes.
3. Implements care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner.
4. Establishes priorities of patient care based on essential patient needs and available resources.
5. Evaluates effectiveness of care given and patient progression toward outcomes.
6. Identifies patient's/significant other's learning needs and implements appropriate measures to meet them.
7. Coordinates interdisciplinary functions.
8. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
zero to six months
State of CT RN license.
Nursing certification, BSN
Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
The shift begins at 7PM, and ends at 7:00AM includes working 3 weekend shifts per schedule
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Significant occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.