Ground Data Systems Engineer For Special Studies (Active TS/SCI)
NASA/JPL Pasadena is looking for a Ground Data Software Systems Engineer with an active U.S. Government Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) accesses. Successful candidate will have the opportunity to support exciting projects with NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
Raytheon Pasadena is looking for a software systems engineer to work on exciting Ground Data Systems for multiple missions.....
This position is ideal for an energetic and savvy multi-disciplined engineer who loves technology and problem solving, but also has teamwork, communication, people skills as part of their DNA. This is a position for someone who is customer-focused, reacts well to changes, can work independently or with teams and is able to multi-task on multiple products and projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working as a member of a larger team, functioning as a Ground Data Systems I&T Engineer supporting mission infrastructure and architecture (including mission system software, hardware, networks, and facilities) to meets functional, performance, security, and interface requirements and integrates with external systems hardware, software, and users.
- Under the guidance of the Mission Lead, will support all phases of the mission including design, development, test, and operations.
- Implement, test, and support deploy the GDS designs and visions of GDS system-engineers and architects.
- Participate in verification and validation, and to ensure that GDS subsystems integrate with each other through their interfaces, the end-to-end GDS provides all the functional capabilities to support all flight-project use-case scenarios, and the GDS operates reliably while meeting all performance and usability expectations.
- Support user community and production environments, which can both present a myriad of technical challenges thus requiring our group members to have excellent problem-solving, root cause analysis, communication, interpersonal, and broad technical skills.
Education / Work Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 6 years of software engineering experience
- Extensive knowledge and work experience in system engineering lifecycle activities and product including Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Software and/or System Testing, Software Test Automation, Software Deployment.
- In-depth knowledge of software architecture practices and extensive experience in the integration and deployment of large scale and highly complex software systems.
- Excellent coding and scripting skills in languages such as Java, shell, Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Good knowledge of test automation practices, familiarity with test automation tools, practical experience developing test automation solutions, and software deployment methods
- Experience authoring automated tests using frameworks and tools, such as RobotFramework, TestNG, Selenium, Watir, TestComplete
- Working knowledge of software configuration management and issue tracking tools (such as GIT, SVN, AccuRev, CVS, JIRA) and/or test management tool (such as TestRail, qTest) with understanding of best practices
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with extensive problem-solving experience in a distributed Unix/Linux environment where extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environment is required
- Experience running test environments in AWS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in writing technical documents and presenting at product reviews
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated solid technical leadership and teaming skills to effectively interface with key stakeholders and customers including scientists, project management, OPS Teams, Developers, and industry partners, including advising senior management.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable JPL policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations.
- Prior experience leading a test or production operations team
- Prior experience developing and executing a strategy and roadmap in area such as test engineering or production operations support
- Knowledgeable of test management practices, including identification and interpretation of test metrics
- Demonstrated ability to specify and deploy the infrastructure, processes, and artifacts necessary to conduct and manage a strong, robust, and efficient test program with full traceability
- Experience in using one or more continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins, GitLab
- Experience with dockers container platform and puppet deployment
- Experience with cybersecurity testing
The work will be performed in Pasadena CA
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
The position is located in Pasadena CA
TS/SCI - Current
Software Systems Engineering
Type Of Job
CA - Pasadena
Please contact Marc at CI DIRECTLY, with your Resume in WORD, to my email: mjw @ cisoftware . com
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $65.00 to $85.00 /hour
- Systems Engineer: 6 years (Required)
- Ground Systems Data Engineer: 6 years (Required)
- TS/SCI Clearance (Required)
Security Clearance Required: