POSITION SUMMARY: Troubleshoot technical issues discovered or reported in relation to the infrastructure supported by Newtek Technology Services. Infrastructure monitoring and customer communication will be required. Minimal documentation skills for documenting tasks and knowledge base articles will be required. Additional duties may be defined as required by the department and/or company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (other duties may be assigned as needed)
- Technical support of web servers using major hosting control panel such as Plesk, cPanel, etc...
- Supports customers’ use of web applications in shared, Dedicated and Virtual environments
- Provide high quality customer service to every internal and external contact
- Assist customers with reporting issues with their websites, email and databases hosted via Phone, Email and Live Chat
- Troubleshoot any issues found on a Shared, Dedicated or VPS hosted server
- Participate in Newtek web hosting forums community
- Assist with server monitors
- Professionally and completely identifying, researching and resolving technical problems and concerns of customers, either via email or on the phone
- Providing identification, prioritization and resolution of problems
- Proper use of problem management databases and help desk system
- Responsible for provisioning of new sites, site renames, managed dedicated server monitors, checking backup servers and other tasks as assigned
- Maintaining solid knowledge of company’s products
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Must have proficient knowledge of the following skills:
- A basic understanding in one or more of the following systems and services: Email & Email Logging, Citrix Support, MS Office 365, Windows Server, IIS, Linux, Apache, MSSQL, MySQL, ColdFusion, PHP, Perl, ASP, ASP.NET, Virus Scanning Administration and Backup Administration
- Knowledge of common security practices including ITIL and HITECH Act.
- Knowledge of common practices for compliancy’s including PCIDSS, HIPPA, SOC1, SOX, etc.
- Knowledge of implementing and configuring multi-layer eCommerce web applications using various technologies such as .NET, Java, XML, or similar applications layers
- Write/troubleshoot code in ColdFusion, ASP, .NET and PHP
- Individual must work well in a team environment and have the ability to work alone on given tasks or projects
- Must have a flexible approach and enjoy working in a rapidly changing and growing organization
- Individual must be able to represent the company in a professional manner at all times and in all forms of communication.
Job Type: Full-time
- technical support: 3 years (Required)