Maslow Media Group is continuously recognized as one of the industry’s top media production companies.
For more than a quarter of a century, our versatile team has provided prestigious clients with the essentials needed to fully realize and support their creative visions. Whether interviewing and screening media professionals to fulfill staffing needs; booking camera crews to locations worldwide; providing Employer of Record payroll services, or creating comprehensive script-to-screen solutions, Maslow Media Group does it all!
The Washington Business Journal has recognized Maslow Media Group as the #1 Media Production Company for eleven consecutive years, as well as receiving numerous accolades throughout the years .* Our Corporate Office is currently located in Georgetown moving to Rockville, MD in Summer 2018.*
As the Controller , you will be responsible for maximizing returns on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Provides day-to-day support with Payroll, Accounting and Finance to the CEO of Maslow Media. This role is a full-time position and exempt from overtime. The Controller will be based in our Corporate Office and will report to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Treasury function such as, Line of Credit, Forecasting, Bank and Credit Rating Relationships, Pension Funds, and advise CEO on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning.
- Prepare financial statements, balance sheets, cash flow report, budget-to-actuals and other financial projections.
- Perform cash management functions and oversee accounts payable, accounts receivables, cash disbursements, payroll and bank reconciliations.
- Manage contract financial management and work closely with the CEO to address contract matters.
- Develop, implement and execute appropriate classifications of employees and contractors to be in compliance with client contracts and legal responsibilities.
- Coordinate, administer and/or support the CEO with an adequate plan for the control of operations.
- Develop and implement accounting policies, communicate systems and procedures and train staff as needed.
- Assures protection for the assets of the business through internal control and auditing.
- Assists CEO and Sales/Marketing in establishing service-pricing policies.
- Keeps the CEO informed of the division's performance and provides advice on all financial matters.
- Develops and recommends budget. Authorizes expenditures in accordance with budget. Approves budget and expense.
- Assists the CEO in developing short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, and staffing requirements.
- Assures that qualified personnel are selected and that on-the-job training programs are conducted and effective.
- Monitors performance of direct reports. Provides prompt and objective coaching and counseling.
- Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Makes recommendations for improving the effectiveness of policy or practices.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and practices in field of expertise. Assumes other special activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Oversee and review annual and adhoc audits for Finance, DOL and 401(K).
- Work with the CEO and external accounting firm on tax projections.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of eight (8) years' experience ideally gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Finance.
- A minimum of two (2) years' recent experience as a Controller with responsibility for accounts, budgeting, cost accounting, credit and collections, and finance. Preferably for a company with annual sales of $25 million to $60 million.
- Previous experience in the Payroll or Staffing industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, well-developed financial analysis capabilities.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, and Excel applications.
- Well-developed management skills—principles and people.
MMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/MF/DISABLED VETS.
Job Type: Full-time
- Controller: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 8 years (Required)