Apply online at: https://ess.bcgov.net/MSSProd/employmentopportunities/default.aspx
(Please search for “CORRECTIONAL OFFICER I TRAINEE”.
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER I – TRAINEE: Will be responsible for performing correctional duties involving the care, custody, and control of inmates at the Beaufort County Detention Center.
- High school diploma or GED
- College degree, military experience or law enforcement experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 yrs of age, a U.S. Citizen, able to pass a physical examination, have a satisfactory credit history
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with no DUI convictions within the past five years.
- No prior criminal domestic violence convictions, felonies, or any crime of moral turpitude
- Required to work any hours, days or shift, including holidays and weekends
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must pass an extensive background check to include criminal history and credit history.
- Additional insert with application and prescreening required . The insert is available at bcgov.net or at Employee Services, 100 Ribaut Road, Beaufort, SC. Applicants being considered for the position will be contacted to schedule the prescreening.
- Employment will remain contingent upon successfully completing training at the SC Criminal Justice Academy and passing a physical examination prior to attending the academy.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
STARTING SALARY: $16.38 hr. DOQ
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Criminal Justice: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)