Commonwealth Power LLC is seeking an electrician lead to join our team. Commonwealth Power provides renewable energy and energy efficiency services in the mid-Atlantic region. Our primary focus is designing and installing solar energy for commercial and industrial clients. Applicants with a background in energy or electrical contracting are required. The lead electrician will work with construction management and project management staff to design, build, commission and close out projects. The position will also require time making service calls, conducting operation and maintenance and conducting quality control inspections.
- Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and an ability/willingness to travel within 150 mile range of Richmond, Virginia.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a commercial electrician.
- Has tools and abilities commensurate with the above experience.
- Experience in electrical supervision and quality control.
- Experience conducting and communicating project takeaways, hazard analysis, after action reports, daily reports, tool box talks and strong project management communication skills.
- Minimum of high school diploma, GED or trade school education. BS degree preferred.
- Ability to follow and implement company driven safety protocol. OSHA 10 required.
- Demonstrates good judgement and safety practices.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and scheduling demands.
- Trained and certified to operate basic construction equipment
- Proficiency in google suites, MS office suite and ability to learn and use product software.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Ability and willingness to work on all types and levels of buildings (e.g., roofs, ladders, rough terrain, tight space and mechanical rooms). Ability to work outside in all ranges of seasonal conditions.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, squeeze and spend 8 hours a day on your feet.
- Ability to pass a background check, provide right to work in the US documentation and pass drug/alcohol screenings.
- Professional personal appearance, demeanor and ability to make a positive impression on clients.
- Positive can-do attitude and contribution to a positive and exciting work environment.
Typical day entails:
- Working with RMC, RAC, EMT conduit. Sizes 1”-4”. Bending and Threading.
- Mounting AC Panels, Switches, Junction Boxes, Inverters, Troughs and Data/Coms Equipment.
- Setting up and executing long wire pulls.
- Receiving and cataloging material and preforming job site take aways.
- House Keeping.
- Testing, commissioning and operational maintenance.
The benefits of working with Commonwealth Power are many. In addition to offering exciting and compelling work in renewable energy we offer:
- Paid time off
- Health care and health savings benefits
- Competitive salary
- Paid training
- Company apparel and transportation
- Flexible hours and a positive work life balance
- Relocation stipend
- A chance to save the world
Please provide a resume (with references) and a short description on why you are qualified for this position. Make sure to include your contact information in email and phone number format. Qualified applicants can expect a phone interview, in person interview and job site visit prior to hiring.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year