- Active Security Clearance
- Well rounded Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Government Auditing Standards (GAS Yellow Book) and Generally Accepted Governmental Accounting Standards (GAGAS) a plus.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software programs
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Perform diversified accounting, auditing, and consulting assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager/director, and partner
- Plan and organize audits; communicate with client management regarding timing of fieldwork and client assistance levels; and communicate effectively with client to receive information necessary to complete the engagement with a minimum of disruption to client
- Supervise staff during audits which includes directing and instructing assistants, where applicable, in performing work and reviewing work papers
- Perform the broadest range of auditor tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers/directors or partners is kept to a minimum
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of audit fieldwork; meets time constraints and client deadlines
- Assure that the audit work papers contain collaborating evidence to support the objectives
- Study and evaluate clients’ internal controls
- Assign work to staff members on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities
- Prepare audit reports, including all relevant disclosures
- Support training of staff auditors and assist managers in development of staff to provide a high level of capability and competence
- Research increasingly complex accounting issues
- Possess creativity in evaluating audit and accounting service procedures and recommend improvements in those systems
- Supervises multiple engagements simultaneously
- Prepares other reports, projects, and duties as may be assigned
- Looks for opportunities to provide additional services to clients
- Develops network of referral sources through active involvement in professional and civic organizations
Required Education & Experience
- Active Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience
- Either holds a current and valid CPA license or is working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Master's Degree in Accounting
- CPA License
Who are we?
McConnell & Jones LLP is a highly diverse CPA firm providing comprehensive financial, accounting and business advisory services to national and international clients. Founded in 1987 with an emphasis on providing assurance and tax service to the public and private sector, McConnell & Jones has since grown to encompass all aspects of business management, risk advisory, and business consulting to private and public companies as well as nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and state and federal government agencies across the country. With offices in Houston, Dallas, and Austin, Texas, as well as Washington D.C., McConnell & Jones places emphasis on providing high-level services with technology-driven, secure solutions. The firm is listed as one of the top 20 accounting firms in the Southwest by Accounting Today and is ranked among the top 1 percent of accounting firms in the country that audit employee benefit plans. For additional information, please visit www.mcconnelljones.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
McConnell & Jones is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. McConnell & Jones policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an affirmative action program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment-qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam era veterans, and other protected veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
- Audit: 3 years (Required)
Security Clearance Required: