Matrix Technology Group is the leading single-source provider of voice, data, audio-visual, access control and security system services. MTG specializes in design and implementation of network, low voltage, audio-visual and security systems. Our client base ranges from small private companies to Fortune 500 corporations.
We are currently hiring Low Voltage Technicians with experience in a commercial environment. Candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP as we have an immediate need in the NY Metro Area. Qualified candidates will send an updated resume for consideration. Interviews are currently underway.
- Installing low voltage cabling in a new construction commercial environment
- Terminating phone jacks and dressing and terminating distribution frames (66 or 110 blocks, patch panels)
- Installing support structures (ladders, racks, j-hooks)
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA, or NEC Standards
- Experience with legacy cables a plus
- General experience running or bending conduit
- Rack and stack work, closet work, putting together server racks, patch panels
- Fiber experience including Anaerobic Terminations, SC and LC Connectors, and Splicing
- Ability to read and understand floor plans
- Customer interface and communication skills, both verbal and written, are highly desired.
- Willingness to work overtime as requested and non-standard hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be team player with ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight.
- Must be available to travel on short notice, non-standard hours, travel on weekends, and assist other field sites as required.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 49 pounds.
- Your own basic telecom tools including punch downs, snips, wire strippers, cordless drill, PPE (safety gear), etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Low voltage: 2 years (Preferred)
- BICSI, EIA, TIA, or NEC Standards: 2 years (Preferred)