This position has two main job responsibilities Volunteer Coordinator and Domestic Violence Advocate.
PURPOSE for Volunteer Coordinator:
Recruit volunteers that provide direct services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault as well as indirect service volunteers. Indirect service volunteers serve in various capabilities (thrift store, office, fundraising activities, and mail outs.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
- Recruit interested and committed volunteers.
- Periodically review and update volunteer training programs and manual.
- Schedule and assist program director with volunteer training.
- Provide ongoing in-service training.
- Conduct ongoing meetings of volunteer staff for the purpose of sharing information and ideas.
- Invite and utilize feedback from volunteer workers to improve program and services.
- Engage in ongoing positive problem solving with volunteer workers.
- Schedule volunteer shifts.
- Organize volunteer activities.
- Maintain proper documentation of all aspects of volunteer program as required by funding sources.
Essential Functions for Domestic Violence Advocate:
- Provide crisis counseling to individual survivors and groups.
- Provide legal advocacy, file for Orders of Protection and accompany survivor to court appearances.
- Provide survivor with necessary information and referrals.
- Ensure all interactions with clients utilize Trauma Informed Care.
- Provide advocacy for survivors with the judicial system, state and local agencies, schools, employers, and other institutions.
- Develop relationships with community collaborators.
- Provide coverage of the office phone and crisis line.
- Ability to react immediately, yet calmly, to crisis situations and quickly build rapport with survivors.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communication needs and information
- Demonstrate compassion and understanding for people dealing with potentially life-threatening situations and be able to assess serious issues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills analyzing problems and presenting solutions to a various staff and clients
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Computer literate
- Resourceful, creative and problem solver
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Work: 1 year (Preferred)