This position will be responsible for the overall management of the warehouse production, while maintaining continuous improvement in overall customer satisfaction of accurate and on time delivery of all products.
- Health, Vision and Dental Benefits for Full-time Employees & their Families!
- Paid Time Off – start accruing on day one!
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Free Life Insurance
- Partner Discounts (Ford, Verizon, Harley Davidson and more!)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBITLIES include the following and all other duties assigned:
- Prioritizes job duties for entire crew while working closely with departments to effectively and productively fill orders company wide.
- Meets daily with department managers company wide, including branch management associates, Sales, Purchasing and Operations management, to discuss prior day and current issues.
- Proactively addresses any problems that arise by keeping processes, rules and procedures in place.
- Tracks employee time off and tardiness and ensures timecards are accurate before they are given to Payroll.
- Responsible for workplace safety and that personal protective equipment is being used consistently and properly.
- Identifies products that can be used in the distribution center to make the jobs safer and more comfortable for the employees.
- Completes accident reports for employees and vehicle accident reports.
- Participates in decisions regarding delivery times, route schedules and other logistics to delivering the product.
- Ensures that distribution center is kept orderly and clean during production and at end of shift.
- Assists in fulfilling special orders that require additional attention and performs stock counts to ensure stock levels are accurate.
- Works with Inventory Control to meet all company standards for cycle counts daily and annual goals.
- Conducts Spot Audits to determine if they were picked correctly and shipped to company standards.
- Occasionally fills in with picker/packer responsibilities including the sorting of product and movement through the established system.
- Mentors and trains new hires in warehouse processes, procedures, and operations.
- Performs personnel functions such as selection, training, and evaluation including conducting interviews, making hiring decisions, and participating in onboarding activities.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops existing employees and resolves performance problems and discrepancies.
- Conducts timely performance evaluations by monitoring performance and initiating action to strengthen results with goal setting.
- Implements and reinforces company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- College degree in related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years management/supervisory/lead experience in a Distribution environment responsible for warehouse/driver management.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and perform multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent time management, negotiation, critical thinking, decision making, and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Must exhibit good leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to support and mentor staff of more than one employee.
- Analytical ability including basic math skills.
- Ability to navigate websites and able to see, review, and interpret computer images and written documents.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading, and writing in the English language with the ability to converse verbally with others on the phone and/or in person.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and climb stairs, stretch, and bend.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills with the ability to interpret customer needs as well as demonstrate a customer service mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Lifting up to 100 pounds while demonstrating safety techniques
- Moving about the warehouse and loading dock area majority of the day
- Exiting and entering vehicles several times per day
- Must be able to climb stairs, crouch, bend, stoop, kneel, and work in small spaces and various climates.
Würth Industry North America Key facts:
- 110+ locations across the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil
- More than 2,600 employees
- More than 420,000 standard parts
- Part of the Würth Group, $15B+, which operates over 400 companies in more than 80 countries and has more than 79,000 employees
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/wurth-industry-north-america
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/WurthIndustry
- YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/WurthIndustryNorthAmerica
The Wurth Industry North America group of companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Wurth will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.